1700 Dr Hasson

Hiya.

I had another thread but decided to post here instead. I’m on a long journey to repair a botched job. Dr Hasson has taken my case. So far we had 3 rounds of extractions, and today we did 1700 FUE with the intention of another 1700 in January to allow the skin time to heal. I have lots of scar tissue from the botched job. 

I have always been told I have great donor hairs, but my extractor today said the opposite and doesn’t think I have enough for the 1700 in January. This was certainly a shock and quite discouraging as I’d always been told the opposite. He did say his clinic goes quite reserved with their harvesting, and I’m really hoping we can get some good results. I’d hate to have come this far and get stopped in my tracks with lame density.

Dr. Hasson said the amount implanted today is a “skeleton” of what my new hair will look like and will be filled in as much as possible by more grafts in January. He said with the current 1700 I won’t be able to wear my hair back as it won’t look great with the density. Bit of a bummer as I was really hoping to be able to finally wear my hair back this Christmas. 

I’ve attached post surgery photos below. Would love to hear any positive comments only please as I’m still emotionally fragile from this repair process. 

26256669-4329-42B2-8783-32066F28A450.jpeg

DA0263C9-6E25-464B-A224-E2654A76611E.jpeg

4A0462FF-DC37-429C-880F-CE621FAB6A5D.jpeg

Edited by Bunson212
Missing photo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jerome said:

did dr wong or dr hasson ever talk about retiring.

Not sure what your comment means. As requested, please keep all comments positive. This past year has been hell, and I literally won’t be able to handle people saying I had another bad job. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

how many grafts were taken in your first procedure

2300 is what the other clinic claimed claimed. So it’s understandable the donor is running dry if that’s the case. It’s just a huge blow because all through my consultations since, I was told I has great donor. I really hope I have enough to complete a decent look. 

9 hours ago, Bunson212 said:

2300 is what the other clinic claimed claimed. So it’s understandable the donor is running dry if that’s the case. It’s just a huge blow because all through my consultations since, I was told I has great donor. I really hope I have enough to complete a decent look. 

2300 and another 1700 is 4000 grafts and there saying they can’t get another 1700 which means there saying you only have 5700 grafts that can be taken which is very low, usually about 8-9k for most people. This can’t be right 

Edited by sukh123

10 hours ago, sukh123 said:

2300 and another 1700 is 4000 grafts and there saying they can’t get another 1700 which means there saying you only have 5700 grafts that can be taken which is very low, usually about 8-9k for most people. This can’t be right 

Dude where are you even coming up with this? Most people have 8-9k grafts? This is why the internet and forums are dangerous. Listen to the experts, IE the top surgeons like Hasson. FYI I had 2700 Fue grafts at SMG and was told by Dr. Shapiro I more than likely had another 2500 which was about normal from what they see.

1 hour ago, Style22 said:

Dude where are you even coming up with this? Most people have 8-9k grafts? This is why the internet and forums are dangerous. Listen to the experts, IE the top surgeons like Hasson. FYI I had 2700 Fue grafts at SMG and was told by Dr. Shapiro I more than likely had another 2500 which was about normal from what they see.

Going by what I’ve seen on the forum from others and myself who has about 8500, I came to that assumption. Damn man I feel bad for you 5k Is low, I got 99 problems but a donor ain’t one.

most people have 5.5k donor on average, maybe 6.500 on the higher side. there are few with 8k, more than that usually is coupled with body hair or beard.

looks like a clean work for TS, and i think he only need to wait now. from how it look at a glance, unless anything bad happens i think it will turns out great for TS. best of luck!

• Like 1

Botched transplants should be subject to a malpractice claim and even criminal prosecution - just like any other quack-hack who butchers someone. There are a lot of ruthless con artists out there who won't let the potential for mutilating you and wrecking your life stand in the way of an easy buck. Cosmetic surgery is an art. A medical license is no real guarantee or endorsement of their talent. 

Edited by thecenturion

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 9:13 PM, mafpe said:

most people have 5.5k donor on average, maybe 6.500 on the higher side. there are few with 8k, more than that usually is coupled with body hair or beard.

looks like a clean work for TS, and i think he only need to wait now. from how it look at a glance, unless anything bad happens i think it will turns out great for TS. best of luck!

6500? You sure?  Thought it would be closer to 8k-9k on average?

How come I see threads with people who have 6k-7k grafts done and will go for more?  Are those all FUT?

11 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

6500? You sure?  Thought it would be closer to 8k-9k on average?

How come I see threads with people who have 6k-7k grafts done and will go for more?  Are those all FUT?

density is different for everyone, then there's the surgeon/tech skills, with how densely packed our donor normally is, its almost unaviodable some neighbouring grafts are going to be transected, and for many of us who suffer hair loss, seems like the donor are somewhat thin compared to healthy non balding people. at least that's how i know it, and thats why you rarely see more than 7.5k graft case that is not complemented by body / beard hair. maybe we do have 8-9k, but probably only with top docs. 

even with 7k, you can start to see the donor thinning. now at this point without a good doc, you'd end up with an overharvested look if you want to go further. 

i might be wrong, but that's how i see it.

• 7 months later...