Odd side effect from Minoxodil?

GoliGoliGoli

Hi all, I've been on Min for about 3 weeks now and haven't noticed too many sides (Maybe a little lethargy and light headedness but hard to tell if in my head). This weekend I went out to the bars and was lucky enough to bring a girl home with me Friday night. Got down to business around 7am in the morning and climaxed just fine with no problem. The next morning woke up for round two and when I was about to climax I started feeling a pretty bad migraine headache coming on and had to stop.

I'm wondering if the Minxoodil might have played a role here? As far as I know Min opens up blood vessels which I would think would help with headache, but I've also read headache is a common side effect from Min? Does anyone know the mechanism of Min causing headaches or have any expericned with Min induced headches? 

Full disclosure: This problem happened to be once or twice before 6-7 years ago before I was ever on Min so it may be unrelated. However I went years without having this problem, and seems coincidental that I have this problem again 3 weeks after starting Min.

Most believe, if you have not experienced any sides within the first two weeks, you never will. 

We do not know how Min works, 

May be coincidental.  Keep an eye on things and report to your PCP.  Oh, and keep aspirin on hand just in case it happens again.

Curious, did you have anything to drink prior to the festivities?

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

6 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

Curious, did you have anything to drink prior to the festivities?

Yes drinks were definitely drunk which could have very well played a role. Smoked about 7-8 cigs over the course of the night too.

However like I said, in previous nights out where I managed to get lucky and had drank and smoke beforehand I hadn't had this issue in a long time. Which is why I suspected Min might be the culprit but it's very possible its coincidence. 

Hangover? I've had many hangovers go from a 6/10 to a 10/10 literally instantly after finishing a Mcdonalds......maybe the rush of energy/excitement brought on the same sort of crash that I get from bad food on a hangover.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• Administrators
1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Hi all, I've been on Min for about 3 weeks now and haven't noticed too many sides (Maybe a little lethargy and light headedness but hard to tell if in my head). This weekend I went out to the bars and was lucky enough to bring a girl home with me Friday night. Got down to business around 7am in the morning and climaxed just fine with no problem. The next morning woke up for round two and when I was about to climax I started feeling a pretty bad migraine headache coming on and had to stop.

I'm wondering if the Minxoodil might have played a role here? As far as I know Min opens up blood vessels which I would think would help with headache, but I've also read headache is a common side effect from Min? Does anyone know the mechanism of Min causing headaches or have any expericned with Min induced headches? 

Full disclosure: This problem happened to be once or twice before 6-7 years ago before I was ever on Min so it may be unrelated. However I went years without having this problem, and seems coincidental that I have this problem again 3 weeks after starting Min.

Are you sure the headache wasn’t from alcohol? It’s way more likely you had a hangover. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.