Thailand hair transplant journey - 2468 grafts - Caucasian male

Jpaw

hello, I recently had 2468 grafts done in Bangkok Thailand at the hairtran clinic. I chose them because the quality is great and the price is good as well. They have 1 doctor doing all the crucial steps in the surgery, and only do 1 or two surgeries a day.

Im 28 and have been balding since I was 18. I've been on finasteride for over 3 years.

The procedure was not too bad, the worst part is the anesthesia injection. They give you a foot massage while you're getting injected.

Im very excited to see the results in the future and I'll update this post every several months.

Any questions feel free to ask, K thx!!!

orca-image-1221180746.jpeg

IMG_1655381290519.jpg

IMG_1655381276784.jpg

1 hour ago, baldbandito said:

Thanks for sharing and happy  growing bro! PS did I spot you at the Ekkamai BTS Friday around 5pm? If not you, another dude who had a non-shave FUE hah

Thx!! Yes that was me haha. I remember seeing a shaved balding man about 6'4 with tannish skin walk past me before getting on the train. Was that you? And are you planning on getting a transplant

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Can you share immediate pre and post surgery pics? Many thanks. 🙏

They took photos of me, I could ask them to send later. But I took those photos about an hour after it was finished, the before was soon before as well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Needadviceplease said:

I just meant you paid a total of 95,000 baht? That works out to 40 baht a graft. Well 37.28/graft.

Yes, the package was 95000 baht for 2500 grafts. Not sure why they gave me only 2468, but there's a density guarantee. If I'm not satisfied they'll do a touch up session for free after a year

10 hours ago, Jpaw said:

Yes, the package was 95000 baht for 2500 grafts. Not sure why they gave me only 2468, but there's a density guarantee. If I'm not satisfied they'll do a touch up session for free after a year

That seems like an incredible price! You lucked out! Looks great!

4 hours ago, Needadviceplease said:

That seems like an incredible price! You lucked out! Looks great!

Thanks! Im hoping it looks great in 6+ months. It was 80000 baht before, but it seems they're increasing price as they are gaining popularity

Jpaw - That's great to know that they're gaining popularity; word of mouth is a powerful thing.  At first I wasn't too confident since they're fairly "new" and I didn't see too many results (although the results that I did see, they were really great, your's incl).  I'm planning on using Hairtran or Laorwong early next year (seriously leaning towards Hairtran).

A coupla questions, though, if you don't mind:

1.  Who were your other choices for dr.'s, and what made you choose Hairtran?  I see you mentioned quality, but was Dr. Patty specifically recommended by others?

2. Do you know what forms of payment they accept (USD cash, cc, PayPal, wire transfer)?

3. Did they use DHI method?

5. How was the consult?  

6. How was your donor before surgery?  great/average/below average/etc.?

Thanks so much in advance, Jpaw!

1 hour ago, eobard said:

Jpaw - That's great to know that they're gaining popularity; word of mouth is a powerful thing.  At first I wasn't too confident since they're fairly "new" and I didn't see too many results (although the results that I did see, they were really great, your's incl).  I'm planning on using Hairtran or Laorwong early next year (seriously leaning towards Hairtran).

A coupla questions, though, if you don't mind:

1.  Who were your other choices for dr.'s, and what made you choose Hairtran?  I see you mentioned quality, but was Dr. Patty specifically recommended by others?

2. Do you know what forms of payment they accept (USD cash, cc, PayPal, wire transfer)?

3. Did they use DHI method?

5. How was the consult?  

6. How was your donor before surgery?  great/average/below average/etc.?

Thanks so much in advance, Jpaw!

Dr Laorwang was my other choice as well. He quoted me 2000 grafts for $4000. Dr pattys deal is 2500 grafts for about $2600. I felt like I needed 2500 grafts, and the price was cheaper anyways. 

I believe Thai baht cash, cc, wire transfer. I had to use two cards tho due to limits on my card/bank.

Yes they use DHI, with a WAW punch machine for extraction. The back of my head looked better than most people's after a day.

The consult was good, they drew on potential hairlines and talked about the process. I really trusted them after meeting them. I'm sure Dr Laorwang is great also. If you're in Thailand maybe give them both an in person consultation.  

My donor was good. They never mentioned it's great or anything. It was it's typical white guy donor I'd say.

No problemo

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply, Jpaw.

Was DHI requested by you, or was that the only option?  I think DHI, for me anyway, really moves the needle.

Did you meet with them in person for the consult, or was it a Zoom/FaceTime meeting?  I'm in Tenessee, US, so there's no way I can go to Thailand just for a consult.

Also, was there much of a language barrier, i.e., how was her/their English? 😛

55 minutes ago, eobard said:

Thanks for your reply, Jpaw.

Was DHI requested by you, or was that the only option?  I think DHI, for me anyway, really moves the needle.

Did you meet with them in person for the consult, or was it a Zoom/FaceTime meeting?  I'm in Tenessee, US, so there's no way I can go to Thailand just for a consult.

Also, was there much of a language barrier, i.e., how was her/their English? 😛

They do only DHI I believe.

I met them in person. I was already in Thailand before I decided to do this procedure. Zoom call might be good too then.

They speak great English theres no language barrier