NW 6-7 question

20220614_213935.thumb.jpg.1ab75f7520cbb48088342b95d2e5600c.jpg20220614_214104.thumb.jpg.2f88a450bf753db39de271ad9a54922b.jpgHello, so I have been quoted a little over 3000 grafts to get full density to my frontline and midscalp wich raised a big question mark in my mind. I want my hairline to be close to  my mole on the forehead. Is this possible?20220614_213935.thumb.jpg.1ab75f7520cbb48088342b95d2e5600c.jpg

Even ignoring your crown area and leaving that bald, I don't see how you will get full density with those many grafts, especially if you intend to *lower* your hairline down towards the mole.  You best chance is to fill in the area up front where you current have coverage, although those native hairs will eventually leave too.  But filling in up front with a high hairline is do-able.

Here's a patient of Vories who wasn't quite as bald as you to begin with and used 5k grafts to a fantastic result.  If you go for a more modest HT and focus on there, then the result will for for you long term.

• Like 1

I am in the camp where i think less is more, if you look at works of Cuto, Bernstein, Eugenix, Vories, they most often work with no more than 3k in that region & results look fantastic. It is not only the graft #s, it's the art of creating illusion with density, certain angle placement goes a long way. 

@lunch_owl, I believe you are in a good position simply because you have high sides which makes the donor a lot more plentiful for a HT. You need to find a clinic that can manage the donor well, and also specializes in body hair transplantation. If you combine beard and scalp and get closer to the 6 to 7k range for a transplant, I believe you would get the best possible result. Could you take a pic of your beard as well? How strong of a beard do you have?

Our very own @kirkland could absolutely attest to doing more with less just coming off his procedure with @Eugenix Hair Sciences. His hair loss pattern is very similiar to yours and could definitely offer an insightful perspective that fully applies to your current state. 

35 minutes ago, AB2000 said:

Even ignoring your crown area and leaving that bald, I don't see how you will get full density with those many grafts, especially if you intend to *lower* your hairline down towards the mole.  You best chance is to fill in the area up front where you current have coverage, although those native hairs will eventually leave too.  But filling in up front with a high hairline is do-able.

Here's a patient of Vories who wasn't quite as bald as you to begin with and used 5k grafts to a fantastic result.  If you go for a more modest HT and focus on there, then the result will for for you long term.

That was my question too. 3k or a bit more to get full density in the frontal/mid region does not sound realistic imo. However i would not like to have a hairline that starts at my midscalp. 😂 Then you would probably notice my forehead all the way from the international space station 😛

25 minutes ago, civic said:

I am in the camp where i think less is more, if you look at works of Cuto, Bernstein, Eugenix, Vories, they most often work with no more than 3k in that region & results look fantastic. It is not only the graft #s, it's the art of creating illusion with density, certain angle placement goes a long way. 

I really hope so.

9 minutes ago, MazAB said:

@lunch_owl, I believe you are in a good position simply because you have high sides which makes the donor a lot more plentiful for a HT. You need to find a clinic that can manage the donor well, and also specializes in body hair transplantation. If you combine beard and scalp and get closer to the 6 to 7k range for a transplant, I believe you would get the best possible result. Could you take a pic of your beard as well? How strong of a beard do you have?

Our very own @kirkland could absolutely attest to doing more with less just coming off his procedure with @Eugenix Hair Sciences. His hair loss pattern is very similiar to yours and could definitely offer an insightful perspective that fully applies to your current state. 

Yes i have high sides but according to the majority of clinics i have been in contact with, i have a limited donor area even though i never had a transplant before. Yes my beard is very thick and strong. I uploaded some pics of my beard here: 

Normally you'll need at least 5k to 6k for an "ok" density at your level. 

With only 3k or a little more you'll either have empty crown and fill only the front area, or have a bad density which means your scalp will be see through.

5 minutes ago, mafpe said:

Normally you'll need at least 5k to 6k for an "ok" density at your level. 

With only 3k or a little more you'll either have empty crown and fill only the front area, or have a bad density which means your scalp will be see through.

The plan is to use 3k or more in the frontal/mid section. Going for the crown in a second procedure using beard grafts as well. I dont expect great density, more like average density. As long i have to worry about getting a haircut im good 😃

2 hours ago, lunch_owl said:

You can find the donor in this thread:

Thanks.

It would be pretty ambitious for sure, the donor looks average to below average. While already nw6 at least. If you don't mind a sparse looking donor I'd say go for it. 

Hey @lunch_owl

As @MazABmentioned, we have similar hairloss patterns. I had just over 3500 grafts in hairline and mid-scalp with @Eugenix Hair Sciencesand it's worked out pretty well with this amount. For high Norwoods like us, a single procedure is rarely enough to get good coverage across the entire scalp. You have more than enough donor area and good beard characteristics to get a good result  but you want to make sure you pick a clinic with lots of high Norwood and body hair transplant experience. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions. This forum has lots of great members who can help with recommendations for your specific expectations.

8 hours ago, lunch_owl said:

The plan is to use 3k or more in the frontal/mid section. Going for the crown in a second procedure using beard grafts as well. I dont expect great density, more like average density. As long i have to worry about getting a haircut im good 😃

not to burst your bubble but... that means you would need to either take quite a number on your donor to make both your recipient and donor to be at similar density. otherwise the donor will look thick and recipient seems thinning/balding.  if not, then you'd need to make use of concealers etc. after all, a hair transplant density is more like half of a healthy non balding people's density.

best of luck! i hope you get what you want

Mate, you're going to need way more than 3k to achieve your goal, you can probably get a lower hairline if you're ok with only having very thin coverage in the crown. Either way I'd recommend consulting with several good surgeons before making any final decisions

5 hours ago, MAIZE1694 said:

Thanks.

It would be pretty ambitious for sure, the donor looks average to below average. While already nw6 at least. If you don't mind a sparse looking donor I'd say go for it. 

Well, i  litterally got nothing to lose 😂

4 hours ago, kirkland said:

Hey @lunch_owl

As @MazABmentioned, we have similar hairloss patterns. I had just over 3500 grafts in hairline and mid-scalp with @Eugenix Hair Sciencesand it's worked out pretty well with this amount. For high Norwoods like us, a single procedure is rarely enough to get good coverage across the entire scalp. You have more than enough donor area and good beard characteristics to get a good result  but you want to make sure you pick a clinic with lots of high Norwood and body hair transplant experience. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions. This forum has lots of great members who can help with recommendations for your specific expectations.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate all the info from the community, I very rarely get emotional, but the amount of support that is shown here is incredible.

17 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

Mate, you're going to need way more than 3k to achieve your goal, you can probably get a lower hairline if you're ok with only having very thin coverage in the crown. Either way I'd recommend consulting with several good surgeons before making any final decisions

I agree with you. But i believe  lowering the hairline is mandatory as i dont want the Jamie Foxx pre transplant hairline. 

2 hours ago, mafpe said:

not to burst your bubble but... that means you would need to either take quite a number on your donor to make both your recipient and donor to be at similar density. otherwise the donor will look thick and recipient seems thinning/balding.  if not, then you'd need to make use of concealers etc. after all, a hair transplant density is more like half of a healthy non balding people's density.

best of luck! i hope you get what you want

True true. I am using a concealer and have been using it for many years. Now that my hairloss has been stabilized, i feel that im ready to do something about it. Thank you, :D

• Like 2