Please help in this jungle of clinics

Hi 🙂

This is my first post here.  I’m happy that I found this place with so many people and information. I'm looking to get my first FUE hair transplant, but I find it very hard to navigate in this jungle of HT-clinics and doctors. I was hoping someone here could give me some advice based on my situation and what doctors/clinics they think I should contact. I have attached pictures and also a short video from Youtube that showcases my hairloss. It should only be available for people on here. My hair is 5-6 cm on top in the pictures and video.

My story. Im 39 years old from Norway. I’ve been on 0,5mg Finasteride for a couple of years now. My hairloss seems to have stopped/stabilized by using Fin.

My problem areas:
Crown area
Weak mid scalp section
Weak frontal region
High temples

Based on the pictures/video, how many grafts do you think I need to fill in the crown area, do some work in the front and strengthen the mid scalp a little? Any estimate of what it would cost at a decent clinic?

I had almost decided to contact HLC in Turkey after reading some positive reviews on here. Then I read in another post that Turkish clinics are better suited for people with very very minimal hair loss so I guess this is not for me?

Now I'm considering Ferreira, Feriduni and Freitas that I’ve also read some good reviews about on this forum. Do you think I’m onto something with these? Are there other clinics I should consider?

I’m also curious how a consultation works since I’ve never done that. Is it usually done by video calls? How many consultations is it recommended to do before choosing a clinic?

Thanks a lot for any help 🙂

Link to video:

https://youtu.be/L8JHUesikHY

20220611_200737 – Kopi copy.jpg

20220611_200749 – Kopi copy.jpg

20220611_200830.jpg

20220611_200911.jpg

20220611_201215.jpg

20220611_203508 – Kopi copy.jpg

20220611_203609 – Kopi copy.jpg

20220611_203625 – Kopi copy.jpg

Edited by Jenova

They used to be the best in Turkey for hairlines. 

But recently there were many subpar results to the point that I don't feel comfortable recommending them anymore. 

As for crown, it is definitely not their specialty. On the german forum alopeziede there are many poor results on the vertex. 

Ferreira has some incredible results, the most famous being Rolandas of course, but a couple of subpar ones too. 

For the crown I recommend you look into Dr. Zarev' work. His ability to close bald spots on the black hole that is the vertex is superior to all others clinics including Hasson & Wong and Eugenix. 

For the hairline yes Bisanga, Freitas, Feriduni are all safe bets 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hair transplant is a huge said:

They used to be the best in Turkey for hairlines. 

But recently there were many subpar results to the point that I don't feel comfortable recommending them anymore. 

As for crown, it is definitely not their specialty. On the german forum alopeziede there are many poor results on the vertex. 

Ferreira has some incredible results, the most famous being Rolandas of course, but a couple of subpar ones too. 

For the crown I recommend you look into Dr. Zarev' work. His ability to close bald spots on the black hole that is the vertex is superior to all others clinics including Hasson & Wong and Eugenix. 

For the hairline yes Bisanga, Freitas, Feriduni are all safe bets 👍

Haven't seen any sub-par results from Ferreira.  His latest one with @Sitries1looks great!

• Administrators

The forum has compiled a list of recommended surgeons based on patient reviews and results. Feel free to use our list as a starting point for research. Take your time and do you due diligence, do not rush into anything. 

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 hours ago, Jenova said:

Hi 🙂

This is my first post here.  I’m happy that I found this place with so many people and information. I'm looking to get my first FUE hair transplant, but I find it very hard to navigate in this jungle of HT-clinics and doctors. I was hoping someone here could give me some advice based on my situation and what doctors/clinics they think I should contact. I have attached pictures and also a short video from Youtube that showcases my hairloss. It should only be available for people on here. My hair is 5-6 cm on top in the pictures and video.

My story. Im 39 years old from Norway. I’ve been on 0,5mg Finasteride for a couple of years now. My hairloss seems to have stopped/stabilized by using Fin.

My problem areas:
Crown area
Weak mid scalp section
Weak frontal region
High temples

Based on the pictures/video, how many grafts do you think I need to fill in the crown area, do some work in the front and strengthen the mid scalp a little? Any estimate of what it would cost at a decent clinic?

I had almost decided to contact HLC in Turkey after reading some positive reviews on here. Then I read in another post that Turkish clinics are better suited for people with very very minimal hair loss so I guess this is not for me?

Now I'm considering Ferreira, Feriduni and Freitas that I’ve also read some good reviews about on this forum. Do you think I’m onto something with these? Are there other clinics I should consider?

I’m also curious how a consultation works since I’ve never done that. Is it usually done by video calls? How many consultations is it recommended to do before choosing a clinic?

Link to video:

20220611_200830.jpg

20220611_200911.jpg

20220611_201215.jpg

It's good that your pattern is stabilising at this stage on finasteride. 

It does seem that you have a moderate loss in the frontal/ Ms and crown areas. I would believe that around 2200-2500 grafts for the FZ and MS would improve things a lot depending on how the hairline is drawn. The crown would also require around 1200-1500 grafts. 

Your donor looks good and hair texture is also favourable based on photos alone. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

20 hours ago, Jenova said:

Hi 🙂

My problem areas:
Crown area
Weak mid scalp section
Weak frontal region
High temples

Link to video:

20220611_200830.jpg

20220611_200911.jpg

20220611_201215.jpg

According to your pictures, you are 3V on the Norwood Hamilton Scale of baldness. 

You shall require 2500 grafts in your frontal zone and 1500 grafts in your crown area.

Finasteride will have to be continued as it will prevent any further progression of baldness. It will also help sustain the transplanted hair.

For the cost, you can inbox us your contact details and we will send you the information.

Jenova,

Finding and selecting a hair transplant surgeon can be a bit daunting and overwhelming especially if you don’t know where to begin. This forum Can certainly help with that as it’s filled with real patients who have undergone an experienced the procedure and I gotten the results.  Having been a member of this community for almost 2 decades, I’ve seen the good, the bad and the ugly.  But if you do your research and select a surgeon with a proven track record of producing outstanding results, you will be well on your way in obtaining and meeting your hair restoration goals  

Now, a number of four members will share The names of surgeons that they’ve experienced but to determine which surgeon is right for you, you’ll need to do your own research.

To get started, here’s what I recommend

1. start with a list of recommended surgeons by this community. Each surgeon recommended on this website have been pres-screen and approved to recommendation based on the ability to produce outstanding results based on strict criteria.

2. View results posted by clinics and patients posted on this forum, ask questions and get genuine input like you were doing from the members of the community. Take the time and browse the forum, use the search feature and specifically look at photos and videos featuring results posted by both the clinics and their patients.

3. Narrow your Selection down to 3 to 5 top surgeons that impress you the most.

4. Do an actual consult with each of the surgeons either in person if possible or online.  Be sure to have a list of questions that will help you determine whether or not you feel that surgeon will be able to meet your goals.

5. Meet with real patients of these doctors if possible and if not, perhaps do a video chat so you can see their results live.

6. finally, select your surgeon from one of the 3 to 5 you consulted with that impresses you the most.  If you can’t decide between a couple different surgeons because you feel they’re both outstanding, you could always use price or location as a last determining factor. But don’t choose a surgeon strictly based on location or price. As far better to travel and save up money to get the procedure done right the first time.  After all this is a lifetime investment.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 10:48 AM, Jenova said:

Hi 🙂

My problem areas:
Crown area
Weak mid scalp section
Weak frontal region
High temples

Link to video:

20220611_200830.jpg

20220611_200911.jpg

20220611_201215.jpg

Ferreira is only doing in-person consults now.