Can finasteride and Minoxidil increase the thickness in my case?

Adier

• Valued Contributor

If you look at your original picture @Adier there has been a significant improvement. However you really want to give these medications at least 6-12 months before making a judgement. But having said that, at this rate, your results look to be incredible and also show why surgery is a last resort and why medication should always be tried first. All the best!

@GatsbyThank you for the response.  I do understand surgery should be the last option. I am quite thrilled by the results too. Hopefully my hairline improves too. I see small baby hairs already and a long way to go after this. Hopefully i reach a stage where i won't need a HT for 6-7 years. Then will consider may be.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 7:30 PM, Adier said:

3.5 months update. I think there is some improvement from where i started. I would love your insights on this. Regimen has been the same but i am applying minoxidil once daily lately.

IMG-20220921-WA0003.jpg

where do you guys order finasteride?

• 4 months later...

Upadate after nearly 8.5 months. I have been with job and been going through some rough times personally so haven't updated for a long time. But nevertheless do let me know your thoughts. I am upgrading my stack as well with 1mm Microneedling each 2 weeks and nizoral twice a week to improve my results over the course of next 6 months or so. I am thankful to this community in helping recover my hair to a point i never thought i would come to. 

IMG-20230308-WA0000.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/8/2023 at 6:34 AM, Adier said:

Upadate after nearly 8.5 months. I have been with job and been going through some rough times personally so haven't updated for a long time. But nevertheless do let me know your thoughts. I am upgrading my stack as well with 1mm Microneedling each 2 weeks and nizoral twice a week to improve my results over the course of next 6 months or so. I am thankful to this community in helping recover my hair to a point i never thought i would come to. 

IMG-20230308-WA0000.jpg

Brilliant progress.
Is your head tilted down enough in this photo, I feel like we can't see all of your crown? Apologies, it's hard to tell with your long hair! 😅

Regardless there's definitely significant improvement. Well done.

Edited by Viney