Fue transplant 14 days post op

well123

Hey everyone, I just got a hair transplant 2 weeks ago and it has been giving me alot of anxiety as of lately. Just wondering what you all think so far, and how bad does it look?

Backstory I ONLY went in for hair density to be added to the top of my head where I was thinning. The whole surgery was completely rushed, they drew a hairline on me and I expressed I was happy with my hairline and temple recession then they explained how they use calculations for my hairline to be at this spot. I said I just wanted things reinforced but if they recommended the temples being fixed to I guess I trust them. That was it for the discussion of the work to be done then they left the room and buzzed my hair to begin the procedure. Low and behold after the surgery was over I noticed they did the BULK of the work on my hairline and temples and added some to the top which was the area of concern. Im so upset by this whole process, and everyone is just saying to be patient and wait to see the results before I judge which Im trying to do. Thoughts?

image.png

can you please provide the clinic name? More pics as well would be nice. 

Unless you have donor issues or some other unknown reason, I think it was likely in your best interest to get the hairline lowered, temples done, a bit more youthful appearance. 

That being said, I agree it is f*cked and unjustified if they had agreed to a very specific surgery for you and extended beyond that without your consent. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

Let us know where you had the procedure.  I'm so sorry they seemed to have ignored your direct instructions.  Let's hope this all works out well for you......somehow.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Oh man. This doesn't sound like a great experience at all. At this point, since it's all said and done, all you can do is wait and see how it turns out - and hope that at the very least, they did good work, even if it wasn't the work you asked for...? 

Post some more pics if you can, particularly some before and after photos. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Well123,

I know you probably want more advice than just be patient and wait but the truth is, there’s really not a whole lot anybody else can say except for possibly giving you their feedback on your current situation and pictures.  So here is my two cents.

Based on the photo you presented, everything looks fine however, I’d like to see some additional photos showing multiple angles of the scalp including the temporal areas.

Also, please make sure you’re following your surgeons postoperative instructions which should include scab/crust removal. Some clinics are more conservative in their instructions while others may be a bit more aggressive. The fact that you still have some scabs at two weeks shows that your clinic’s instructions may be a bit on the conservative side. There’s nothing wrong with either as long as you’re being careful.

Personally, I don’t like that you felt rushed during your procedure as surgeons and their team should be very thorough with each and every patient. Nobody should feel rushed.

That said, I wouldn’t panic since your post operative photos look decent.  Do you know how many grafts you received? Do you have any photos showing your scalp prior to the procedure?

Anyway, other than my thoughts above, the only other ones I have is what everybody else said. Try not to stress, be patient and give your hair transplant a chance to grow, thicken and mature which is going to take between 12 to 18 months.

There are a lot of stages you’re going to go through which includes the shedding of the transplant hair approximately 4 to 6 weeks after the date of your procedure   You might also experience shock loss to some of the natural hair making your hair appear thinner than it did before surgery. This often happens between 10 and 12 weeks and could take up to 6 months to a year to go back.  These phases are pretty unavoidable and just about everybody goes through them unless you’re one of the very rare few that doesn’t experience shedding or shock loss.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.