Narrow down for newbie

Zlatan

Hi there,

i decided to join the forum as no doubt i will be needing the help of guys so thanks in advance for creating a community here where so much valuable info is shared. I will be posting many questions so please do not get fed up and kindly reply as it will be great help.

I know there are hundreds of surgeons and everyone recommends a different one. Can you please narrow it down to perhaps the top 5 or even ten in the world? or is this not possible?

Also i am a british asian, stupid question but would certain surgeons have more experience with asian hairs or is that not relevant?

thanks

Also I would add that Dr Farjo's would be contained in that list. That may be bias on my part, but in my opinion there is no more ethical and professional company out there. Unfortunately I have had the utter regret of experiencing the exact opposite of this too, so please make your decision wisely.

Thanks for that, it certainly helps me make a start.

Do all of them use the latest technology?

i guess i need to ask what is the latest and best procedure to use.

Sorry i am a newbie and need to start somewhere

Zlatan, it sounds like you're only just starting out so I'm not sure how much you know. To start with, do you know the difference between the FUE and strip methods? This isn't a challenge, I'm just trying to see how much you need to know and how much you've already learnt.

Also, what is your current hairloss situation?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

My Top 5 are: Feller, H&W, Alexander, Rahal, Shapiro.

Second tier (and close behind): Cooley, Arocha.

There are many docs on this site doing great work right now, just look around and consult with as many as possible. Best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

To be honest i dont really know much, i started wearing a hair piece and it is the worst thing ever! Il be writing my experiences later.

I am 23 years old not on any medication and since wearing a hairpiece i have had an infection on my scalp and rapid hair loss, thinking on going to some medication to prevent more and have a HT.

I understand i will have to do loads of research and im sure im at the right place for that

Welcome Zlatan to the start of HT researching. It never ends but thats good because it means you are learning more about hair loss.

First of all i want to mention that i am from UK as well and i have been wearing a hairpiece for nearly three years - what a waste of time, money and overloss hairloss!

Ive been researching on this forum for a good while now and have just had a HT done by Dr Path in Thailand. My is experience has been great so far but result is yet to be seen. I chose this doctor based on many things, mainly because of the many positive patient reviews.

Every Doctor here are good but they have different specialities and everybody has a certain favourite Doctor that they feel confortable with.

My advice to you would be to get on Finesteride *First* and now before anything. You need to stabilise hairloss first before going for a surgery therefore you are adviced to be on propecia (finesteride) for about a year before going for a HT.

Another thing is you need to decide which method you prefer to use Strip or FUE. That is dependent on your hairloss condition and age. You will learn about this more soon as you research.

Can you upload some pictures of the hairloss? and that way members here can understand what extent your hair loss is - that will surely help in deciding which method and which doctor to use.

If you can afford it, I think that H&W are the absolute best. They provide the best documentation, almost each of their results are very impressive and they can harvest more grafts than any other clinic.

Next to that I would say half the coalition fits into this category such as feller, shapiro, arocha, devroye and MANY more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Zlatan,

Youve received some good solid advice here and lots of quality Dr recommendations. A little research about each one, and the fortunate opportunity of being able to consult online with each one of these, will put you in more a better position regarding understanding your options and where you can go from here. Good luck on your journey!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

thanks guys honestly your kind suggestions really does make me feel better, im always on the edge about my life and its still a rollocoaster. ( Not a pleasnt one)

where is the best place to purchase Finasteride and Propecia and what are the advantages and costs of these?

i want a full thick of hair on my head with a superstar hairline, honestly i am so fed up for the last 3 years something have to give

Zlatan, my top choices, in no particular order:

Feller, Shapiro brothers, Rahal, Alexander, Keene.

However, I am biased towards doctors who give more dense and youthful hairlines. If your goals are different, you might have a different list. Check patient results of different doctors and see whose style you like the most.

Good luck!