Dr Bloxham

I’ve got a HT scheduled with Bloxham next week and I’m really starting to freak as I am realizing several things:

1) there are not many patient posted results anywhere online

2) of those which are available, quite a few are sub par or never provided an update (between here and Reddit)

I have also found several great results to be fair, but it was mostly their YouTube channel which sold me. I guess it’s normal to have pre-procedure “what-if” anxiety, but it’s really freaking me out how few people seem to post here about his procedures and post good results.

Any thoughts/advice?

• Administrators

Have you spoken to past patients good or bad? I wouldn’t pay attention to Reddit, a lot of garbage there to be honest. I’ve seen mostly positive things from him. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I just got a 3 day repair HT from a very elite doctor. In the months leading up to surgery I was mainly super excited and couldnt wait for the day to get there. 

However, in the week and morning of surgery I was getting incredibly nervous, buyer's remorse, questioning everything, etc. 

I would say anxiety when you are very close to surgery is completely normal. Especially if you had not had an in-person consult yet. Despite a webcam consult and any detailed photos you provide, until your surgeon physically examines your hair, there can indeed be a lot of uncertainty to what the doctor will say. 

Ultimately all my worries were unfounded. 

As long as you are going to a good doctor, you kind of do just need to trust the process, even though it can be super uncomfortable. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I just got a 3 day repair HT from a very elite doctor. In the months leading up to surgery I was mainly super excited and couldnt wait for the day to get there. 

However, in the week and morning of surgery I was getting incredibly nervous, buyer's remorse, questioning everything, etc. 

I would say anxiety when you are very close to surgery is completely normal. Especially if you had not had an in-person consult yet. Despite a webcam consult and any detailed photos you provide, until your surgeon physically examines your hair, there can indeed be a lot of uncertainty to what the doctor will say. 

Ultimately all my worries were unfounded. 

As long as you are going to a good doctor, you kind of do just need to trust the process, even though it can be super uncomfortable. 

100% agree, my ht is set for end of June & i am also getting a bit nervous-)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, civic said:

100% agree, my ht is set for end of June & i am also getting a bit nervous-)

who is your doctor, is this your 1st HT, do you have a good donor? 

If it helps you stop worrying a bit, if you are seeing a good doctor, no donor issues, and working on a completely virgin scalp I say you dont have to worry (even though you probably still will lol)

Repair cases can add alot of drama and complexity, and I think repairs in particular are more of a cause for anxiety. At least for me it did. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

who is your doctor, is this your 1st HT, do you have a good donor? 

If it helps you stop worrying a bit, if you are seeing a good doctor, no donor issues, and working on a completely virgin scalp I say you dont have to worry (even though you probably still will lol)

Repair cases can add alot of drama and complexity, and I think repairs in particular are more of a cause for anxiety. At least for me it did. 

My ht is with dr Vories. 1st surgery, i seen many before/after of his work & like what i see and researched. Donor area i had in person exam localy, was cleared to proceed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, civic said:

My ht is with dr Vories. 1st surgery, i seen many before/after of his work & like what i see and researched. Donor area i had in person exam localy, was cleared to proceed.

nice. I have heard Vories name a bit before. I don't know enough to give an opinion on him but if youve done your research and trust him and its your 1st surgery then yea you should be good to go. 

Especially since you had an in person consult with him already. If he is indeed a good doctor and it was a proper in person consult, there really shouldnt be any surprises or change of plan, etc on surgery day. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gxm100 said:

I’ve got a HT scheduled with Bloxham next week and I’m really starting to freak as I am realizing several things:

1) there are not many patient posted results anywhere online

2) of those which are available, quite a few are sub par or never provided an update (between here and Reddit)

I have also found several great results to be fair, but it was mostly their YouTube channel which sold me. I guess it’s normal to have pre-procedure “what-if” anxiety, but it’s really freaking me out how few people seem to post here about his procedures and post good results.

Any thoughts/advice?

Consider where you stack up hair wise to most of his best results.  If you’re in a similar spot to where those patients are to start with, I’d go for it. I think his body of work is pretty strong and one of the supposedly sub-par results on here was clearly a case of bad hair quality and questionable/unclear before/after pictures, but obviously some actual sub par cases occur.  I imagine you booked this 7 or more months ago. Think back and see if you think that was good judgement or if this is just normal nerves. 

Edited by John1991