Donor area inflammation/folliculitis

Hello everyone, 
I am about 2 weeks post HT, for past couple of days I noticed more itching and excess pimples in donor area, seems like folliculitis, I was wondering any specific shampoo or cream that helps with that?291F7084-732B-48E4-A36C-4B54FBAEF834.thumb.jpeg.a6c9fbc3ff43cc1a1481925554280f98.jpegF8F48E03-B01C-4763-BE2D-EACF855931C2.thumb.jpeg.9dde06640419274138c134698e606e88.jpeg

Pimples are certainly expected at this point and typically not an issue.  Let them heal on their own.  Still..you may want to contact your surgeon for advice if you're still concerned.

• Thanks 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

14 hours ago, JohnCasper said:

Pimples are certainly expected at this point and typically not an issue.  Let them heal on their own.  Still..you may want to contact your surgeon for advice if you're still concerned.

Thank you. Yes it started to improve, I used some benzoyl peroxide shampoo and it been getting noticeably better! 

Good for you!  Glad to hear its improving.  Now...go grow some hair!  Send us pictures in 3-4 months!

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.