Looking for partial wig or concealer recommendations to cover my right temple recession

• Administrators

Your hair looks perfectly normal. Are you on any medication to prevent hair loss?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your hair looks perfectly normal. Are you on any medication to prevent hair loss?

Hi Melvin, yes I started Finasteride at 17 and switched to Dutasteride 16 months ago for peace of mind. I am also on Oral Minoxidil 5mg daily. I am nearly 21 now and the meds halted my loss.

I want a ponytail though and my right temple makes me look 35. I suppose I could try tying it back in a way which covers the recession until I am old enough for a transplant.

3 hours ago, MissMyLongHair said:

Hi Melvin, yes I started Finasteride at 17 and switched to Dutasteride 16 months ago for peace of mind. I am also on Oral Minoxidil 5mg daily. I am nearly 21 now and the meds halted my loss.

I want a ponytail though and my right temple makes me look 35. I suppose I could try tying it back in a way which covers the recession until I am old enough for a transplant.

If you don't mind me asking.

Are you taking topical or oral dutasteride,   and how much? 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Etownone said:

If you don't mind me asking.

Are you taking topical or oral dutasteride,   and how much? 

Thanks. 

I have been taking 0.5mg oral dutasteride daily, no side effects. I do not like topicals, as they are a hassle. I was actually going to quote you on the thread about meds when I saw your message here, lol. Can I ask why Dr Mwamba put you on 10mg oral min daily? Is it because you are also using it for hypertension and thus killing two birds with one stone? Tempted to go higher than 5mg daily myself, but I'm only 63kg so may not be the brightest idea.

8 hours ago, MissMyLongHair said:

I have been taking 0.5mg oral dutasteride daily, no side effects. I do not like topicals, as they are a hassle. I was actually going to quote you on the thread about meds when I saw your message here, lol. Can I ask why Dr Mwamba put you on 10mg oral min daily? Is it because you are also using it for hypertension and thus killing two birds with one stone? Tempted to go higher than 5mg daily myself, but I'm only 63kg so may not be the brightest idea.

I don't know why he put me in 10mg daily... 

I've seen others on Reddit that take 10mg daily.   I'm 46,  I keep in shape and I'm healthy.   I check my blood pressure and it's good.   I hear side effects can be excessive hair which I'm ok with. 

I'm on 1mg finesteride and 10mg oral minoxidil....   And I still have some shedding.   

I see some people take finesteride and dutasteride ...    They take dut mon/wed/Friday and fin the others days.   I'm thinking I should do that.   

• Thanks 1