Topical DHT alternatives? Anyone use any that actually work

Hi everyone,

Just had my hair transplant this weekend, and will need to use a DHT inhibitor post transplant. I had sexual side effects on oral fin, so oral fin is no longer an option. 

I am a bit hesitant about using a topical fin because I have have heard that users can still have sexual side effect even when topical fin is used.

Melvin on the forum had recommended REVIVV® Topical Hair Growth Serum. 

Has anyone else used this  product solely as your DHT surgeon with success? 

Can anyone recommend any other products?

thank you all in advance 

an awful lot of people seem to get sides on fin on this forum, I've seen it on Reddit and youtube comments. The fact that there is a  consensus that getting sides on fin affects not a lot of people is rubbish. DHT is the most androgenic hormone out there, and if you got low free t that cant pick up the slack the chances of you getting sides increases. 

• Like 1

To be honest, I have been using Dutasteride 0.01% from FUEClinic. It's meant to be used after dermarolling as a type of mesotherapy.

I may be imagining it, but I feel like the hair on my crown has thickened a bit - been using for about 5-6 weeks now. No sides. But again, I'm not sure if I'm imagining it.

Edited by Aslitarcan sucks

John,

I’m not familiar with REVIVV however, if you want to know whether or not a particular treatment is affective, take a look at its ingredients.  If this product is considered an all natural alternative to finasteride than most likely it contains saw palmetto amongst silver other all natural ingredients.  The only problem with these is that they have not formally in scientifically been tested and proven to stop or reverse hair loss. Now that doesn’t mean that they are ineffective however, to date, I have not seen any nonsurgical  solution as effective as finasteride.

And if you were looking for a topical DHT blocker, is there a reason that you’re not considering trying topical finasteride? I would imagine that potential side effects would significantly reduced taking it topically rather than orally.  So that might be worth a try.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators

Joseph from follicle thought also uses it. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 hours ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

To be honest, I have been using Dutasteride 0.01% from FUEClinic. It's meant to be used after dermarolling as a type of mesotherapy.

I may be imagining it, but I feel like the hair on my crown has thickened a bit - been using for about 5-6 weeks now. No sides. But again, I'm not sure if I'm imagining it.

just for clarification, you used oral fin before and had side effects from it, and then switched to topical duasteride with no sexual side effects? 

Edited by johnphillip

13 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

John,

I’m not familiar with REVIVV however, if you want to know whether or not a particular treatment is affective, take a look at its ingredients.  If this product is considered an all natural alternative to finasteride than most likely it contains saw palmetto amongst silver other all natural ingredients.  The only problem with these is that they have not formally in scientifically been tested and proven to stop or reverse hair loss. Now that doesn’t mean that they are ineffective however, to date, I have not seen any nonsurgical  solution as effective as finasteride.

And if you were looking for a topical DHT blocker, is there a reason that you’re not considering trying topical finasteride? I would imagine that potential side effects would significantly reduced taking it topically rather than orally.  So that might be worth a try.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

this is the website 

https://www.revivv.co/

Yes, its made more of natural DHT blockers. their claim to fame it is in the right combination and percentages etc.

I regards to topical fin, I have read on this forum and reddit and youtube that it is still possible to get side effects even on topical fin as it still gets systemic and will affect those with fin sensitivities

14 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Joseph from follicle thought also uses it. 

Yes, I was reading through his article on it. If anyone wants to take a look at it i will link it below

https://folliclethought.com/revivv-consumer-hair-growth-product-launch-with-photos/

I have two qualms with his article

1) he has an affiliation with the company so there is naturally a bias. I have been a long time reader of his website, and this article and his comments do give off the impression that he too is trying to sell something. just the vibe that I and other readers picked up

2) he was using  Revivv while being on topical fin. For me personally, I would like to avoid the topical fin altogether and use just an alternative  topical product. I would be more interested if he used the revivv as a stand alone dht inhibitor  and had results using it solely. 

Edited by johnphillip

3 hours ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

No I have never used oral fin - I tried 0.5mg for literally one day then decided to stop.

ahh ok. thanks for sharing your experience. 

given that duasteride is a more powerful anti-androgen than finasteride, Im hesitant to try it in topical form. 

Topical finasteride and Dutasteride are the only options that work although they are a lot more expensive and far less convinient to use than the oral version....Just do your research and make sure you are getting them from a reputable place. Not some shady websites. 

Dutasteride mesotherapy is also often used by spanish doctors. 

Other than that you can experiment with Topilitamide (Fluridil 2% Eucapil) that is derived from Flutamide, a  potent anti androgen that was used to treat prostate cancer in men back in the day. 

Other options include RU58841  that Derek swears by but honestly it is still pretty obscure and even if you buy from Kaneshop or Anageninc you never know what you get. It could be gone bad or a scam. It could be flour 😂 

CB0301 aka Winlevi/Breezula. Works but very expensive...

Alfatrafiol (Pantostin/El Cranell) also has some evidence and is over the counter in Germany but probably too weak as a standalone. 

Oral spiro is great for women and trans but the topical version is crap. 

I don't see any other viable substitutes for oral 5AR inhibitors. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 7:51 AM, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Which doctors?

i think he means spanish doctors as a whole, not any specific physician or HT surgeon. 

Edited by 12345