How many hair techs do a surgeon usually has? I looking at Hassan & Wong's website, and it's 20

• Administrators

Both Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong perform surgeries separately and use separate teams.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

To run a busy clinic such as H&W, 20 technicians is plausible. They probably don't work at the same time - day shift, night shift, weekend shift, full-time, part-time, etc. Also, a crew for each doctor.

On a side note, I was watching a video clip on the Internet and a person said he knows that there are some high paying technicians and he even knows one that makes $400k annually. If I were to guess, it would be someone that works for H&W for the following reasons, H&W is amongst the costliest clinics, H&W has a high volume of customers, H&W says their technicians do a better job at extracting than they do and Vancouver has a very high cost of living.

If Hassan and Wong are split up, it's still like 10 techs per person. Probably not all of them are there for each one, but I heard they're the best or large sessions and I guess this is why. Also the large number allows for lots of volume. 

Hassan and Wong seem like they're more on the average side when it comes the higher tier of surgeons, actually cheaper if you go over 2000 as the price per grafts drops and you get reimbursed for air and hotel. Seems like they have a pass value to the customer sort of thing going on. 

I think Konior and some of the LA / NYC surgeons probably cost the most. 

• Administrators

You have to consider that you need a LARGE team to be able to do megasessions. Most clinics don’t do megasessions cause they don’t have the team. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

As long as they are a SUPPORT function and well trained, I see no problem with this. Especially if the doctor provides oversight. It’s when techs are allowed to run parts of the surgery or are mainly unsupervised is when issues arise imo.

For me personally, if the doctor is not in the room with me at least 75%? Of the time while the operation is going on then that is an issue. It tells me that the clinic is focused on throughput and $.