8month progress update

Hi, on month 8 post surgery 3000 grafts. 

Notable improvement since last time, however I have had several people comment in real life about how my hair looks pluggy, including my barber, who said I must have gone to Turkey, needless to say this has made me a little bit disappointed. However there is still time for it to improve I am aware.

I have spoken to the clinic and they said as much, give it more time.

Also I am looking for advise on transplants to the temporal triangles, as these didn’t get done first surgery, how many grafts would this take, as I feel this would be of great cosmetic significance as the thinning in this area creates the illusion I have no temporal triangles at all.6961F3BE-E077-47D9-847C-FA5A40416725.thumb.jpeg.c56eb8b7459a9f14f9750465bc260369.jpeg

80AF46DE-6C28-4DA6-A53F-006E54400E18.jpeg

FCDBD586-4470-4657-9B3C-4BBF9473EF45.jpeg

239FF084-8994-44C3-8CDD-E6F9E05169CE.jpeg

Do you have the breakdown of the grafts from the surgery- how many were singles, doubled, triples etc?

it does look like a number of multi grafts in the hairline.

At 8 months what have they said about further density and finer hairs in the hairline coming through?

6 minutes ago, Classygentleman said:

Do you have the breakdown of the grafts from the surgery- how many were singles, doubled, triples etc?

it does look like a number of multi grafts in the hairline.

At 8 months what have they said about further density and finer hairs in the hairline coming through?

I did not get a graft breakdown unfortunately.

I have been advised by the clinic that this is a long process and takes time and to remain positive. So will hopefully have another review in 4 months at the 1 year mark and discuss more then.

Do you have pre-transplant photos?

Which doctor was this?

Waiting 12 months will probably help -- the area still looks red, and I think there's a chance more can grow, but tbh, if the doctor did the entire scalp then this might be okay. If he/she only focused on the front, I'd expect it to be more dense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RPDCB95 said:

I have had several people comment in real life about how my hair looks pluggy, including my barber, who said I must have gone to Turkey, needless to say this has made me a little bit disappointed.

avoid these people

By 8 months you are basically seeing the end-result. Do not expect any significant transformations at this stage

If you are looking for a touch-up procedure, you absolutely can begin that process now. 

While there's a chance you may see significant improvement over the next few months, the 8-12 month growth period is usually more about the hairs themselves getting thicker (and transforming out of the "fine baby hair" look that new grafts sometimes have). You can definitely expect that aspect to continue improving, but I'm not sure just how much more density you can expect at this stage. That said, they're correct that it's always advised to wait at least a full 12 months to see what the end result will actually look like. 

Your current results aren't horrible, per se, but I definitely see how this wouldn't be satisfactory if they stay this way. Hopefully you do see significant improvement over the next few months, but unfortunately all you can do right now is wait and hope for the best. And if you end up wanting a second procedure, this forum will be a great resource for you to decide on how to go about that and which surgeons you should consider. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Valued Contributor

Are you able to style your hair in a different way perhaps? My advise (opinion only) is to wait the full twelve months. If you are considering having temple points added then that is a time that you could address the hair line aesthetics if it bothers you. Do you have a pre op photo so we can see how much of your frontal area was transplanted? Wishing you all the best!

I had 3000 grafts to front half, as I was advised this was best to do as I had thinning throughout, I have photos in my other thread before. But here is some of them reposted below. And also a post surgery photo, showing distribution.

75818551-A2D4-452A-B627-D3A409264D1E.jpeg

2E7BBE76-615D-4E81-B3A2-7D1DFC75F3EB.jpeg

5456B7EE-6AF9-437A-A653-06EFAF551B02.jpeg

it looks like perhaps you needed more grafts, and you were always destined for 2 surgeries. It looks like they filled the middle/crown pretty well, but your temples could have used more grafts.

3k grafts in a surgery is a lot, so perhaps they just did as much as they could do in one day. To be fair to you, they should have explained you may need 2 surgeries. 

For what its worth, while your HT is not perfect, I think its totally normal looking if they are just casually looking at you. With clever styling you can mask the lack of density while you search for a touch up. 

Hi, I didn’t get any grafts in the crown, just front half of head, this is why I can only style my hair this way, as the crown has a big bald spot that was not touched. So I comb my hair back to hide this area

B4228BE2-21CF-49B3-A129-8F33FBBA06CA.png

22 hours ago, RPDCB95 said:

Hi, on month 8 post surgery 3000 grafts. 

Notable improvement since last time, however I have had several people comment in real life about how my hair looks pluggy, including my barber, who said I must have gone to Turkey, needless to say this has made me a little bit disappointed. However there is still time for it to improve I am aware.

I have spoken to the clinic and they said as much, give it more time.

Also I am looking for advise on transplants to the temporal triangles, as these didn’t get done first surgery, how many grafts would this take, as I feel this would be of great cosmetic significance as the thinning in this area creates the illusion I have no temporal triangles at all.6961F3BE-E077-47D9-847C-FA5A40416725.thumb.jpeg.c56eb8b7459a9f14f9750465bc260369.jpeg

80AF46DE-6C28-4DA6-A53F-006E54400E18.jpeg

FCDBD586-4470-4657-9B3C-4BBF9473EF45.jpeg

239FF084-8994-44C3-8CDD-E6F9E05169CE.jpeg

Which clinic was it

Failed transplants for 3000 grafts at ASMED clinic, destroyed donor and recipient

1 hour ago, Nccan said:

Which clinic was it

Hair Dr clinic Uk, I have been back in touch today, and just been told it’s coming along nicely. Maybe I am just being impatient, as I do have 4 more months to go till full results, just as it stands now I am very disappointed by the appearance

That looks like approximately 1200 grafts, all of which should have been concentrated in the corner/temple region. Instead many were scattered down the forelock into the back unnecessarily imo, leaving the density in the front lacking the proper amount to match your native density. You will need a second surgery and yes the temple points will need some definition added to them especially on that one side. It's not the end of the world imo. What concerns me most honestly is the redness still being very prominent at 8 months. Did you ask the clinic about this?

10 hours ago, SD1984 said:

That looks like approximately 1200 grafts, all of which should have been concentrated in the corner/temple region. Instead many were scattered down the forelock into the back unnecessarily imo, leaving the density in the front lacking the proper amount to match your native density. You will need a second surgery and yes the temple points will need some definition added to them especially on that one side. It's not the end of the world imo. What concerns me most honestly is the redness still being very prominent at 8 months. Did you ask the clinic about this?

It was 3000 grafts done, or do you mean I only needed 1200 to frontal region at temples? I have asked about redness.