Hair fibers allergy reaction. Does it happen to anyone ese?

Hello! Im a 33YO male with noticeable diffuse crown. Just this year became noticeable, and I need to use hair fibers to cover it. Being it difuse, just 2 stamps of the fiber bottle and its done, but there is a problem. Minutes after I start feeling dizzy, lightheaded, and I lose visual acuity, like if my blood pressure dropped. I tríed original caboki, original nanogen, hairatin, fake toppik, fake sevich. All of them give the reaction more or less(some are keratin, some are cotton). Therefore, I ordered dermmatch, and guess what, the same happens!! So I dont know what to do. Thinking if its maybe the dye(colorant) (dark brown) or another common ingredient of all these??? Anyone suffered something similar? I also cant take minoxidil, finasteride (because of heavy sides), just PrP, which is very Cheap in my country and started one month ago. I could appreciate any advice! Thank you!

• Administrators

Are you sure it’s from the product? I don’t know if hair fibers contain anything that would cause those symptoms.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you for your response Melvin! Its deffinitively from the product, I tried hundreds of times. What I see is that different Brands produce it more or less. For exámple: caboki causes it very hard, I get really dizzy! Same as dermmatch. With nanogen is more bearable. I even use really low quantity, just 2 stamps of the bottle, or with dermmatch just 2 of 3 runs of the aplicator stick. Im thinking it might be the colorant (the only thing in common in all these products) but I was hoping that someone maybe experience the same, and so can give me a suggestion! I hope I am not the only one in the World 🤣

On 5/28/2022 at 11:40 AM, Golovkin89 said:

I hope I am not the only one in the World 🤣

Oh man! This is wild and I have never heard of anything like this from hair fibers. Are you able to compare the ingredients list of all the different products and see if there's a common denominator with all of them? If there is one and you could figure out what that is, then you could look into any reported side effects with that specific ingredient. That might be your best bet at the moment to figure out what's going on here. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Valued Contributor
On 5/28/2022 at 12:19 PM, Golovkin89 said:

Hello! Im a 33YO male with noticeable diffuse crown. Just this year became noticeable, and I need to use hair fibers to cover it. Being it difuse, just 2 stamps of the fiber bottle and its done, but there is a problem. Minutes after I start feeling dizzy, lightheaded, and I lose visual acuity, like if my blood pressure dropped. I tríed original caboki, original nanogen, hairatin, fake toppik, fake sevich. All of them give the reaction more or less(some are keratin, some are cotton). Therefore, I ordered dermmatch, and guess what, the same happens!! So I dont know what to do. Thinking if its maybe the dye(colorant) (dark brown) or another common ingredient of all these??? Anyone suffered something similar? I also cant take minoxidil, finasteride (because of heavy sides), just PrP, which is very Cheap in my country and started one month ago. I could appreciate any advice! Thank you!

Are you prone to allergies? Are you allergic to other products/foods like peanuts, seafood, etc?

35 minutes ago, pkipling said:

Oh man! This is wild and I have never heard of anything like this from hair fibers. Are you able to compare the ingredients list of all the different products and see if there's a common denominator with all of them? If there is one and you could figure out what that is, then you could look into any reported side effects with that specific ingredient. That might be your best bet at the moment to figure out what's going on here. 

It really sucks, because I cant use minoxidil, finasteride, and also this. I have to use little amount of fibers, but I cant due to this problem. I dont know about all the components. For example caboki doesnt share the list of Ingredients. Nanogen, dermmatch and toppik does, but there are a lot of Chemicals in this products, so a couple in common, for example Propilenglicol, and then there are the colorants! I ordered some fake fibers coloured white and light brown to try ( I use dark brown). I Will keep updated. I post a link of a guy, also from my City, that had more severe allergy from toppik, but didnt from caboki.

What I can say is that immediatly (5min) after I shower them off, the dizzines and difficulty focusing disappears. 

Im consulting with an allergist because in the future im planning to do SMP, because dont know my final hair loss pattern and cant take finasteride so I dont know if im going to be suitable for a HT(I have very good donor btw), and scared of havinf this reaction to smp dyes (some use iron oxide like caboki has). 

I want to tank you guys for getting interested and answering me, and believing, also. This is getting a mental toll on me as I have another issues with my body(man boobs and belly after finasteride that dont go away) 

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/allergy-or-side-effect-from-toppik.116345/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Are you prone to allergies? Are you allergic to other products/foods like peanuts, seafood, etc?

I am allergy prone, they made me a test and im allergic to several things, and also type 1 diabetes since 3 Y.O. (its an idiopathic condition). 

On 5/27/2022 at 8:19 PM, Golovkin89 said:

fake toppik

what is fake toppik? have you tried fake toppik?

I don't have concealer allergies, so perhaps this is irrelevant. But for what its worth Toppik is the only concealer I have ever used, and it has been amazing. Perfect coverage, stays on perfectly, only comes off when I take a shower, etc. 

1 minute ago, HappyMan2021 said:

what is fake toppik? have you tried fake toppik?

I don't have concealer allergies, so perhaps this is irrelevant. But for what its worth Toppik is the only concealer I have ever used, and it has been amazing. Perfect coverage, stays on perfectly, only comes off when I take a shower, etc. 

Yes! In my country you cant get original toppik, and also cant ship it because importation limitaciones. You can only bring it with a courier and its very expensive and delay a lot! So fake toppik are toppik imitacions🤣 that also work very good! But gives me that reaction☹️