BHR - Inside Consultation - Poor FUE can destroy a donor! But so can FUT!

It is well documented that in the wrong hands, FUE can cause severe damage to the donor area throughout what can be  a very large area. Commonly we see the rear occipital area obliterated by doctors or technicians who have no real care about donor management or how they get the grafts, as long as they get them.

Strip(FUT) is traditionally more local and taken from a "safe" zone, usually leaving the remainder of the donor in good condition as the strip takes the entire surface area within a defined zone.
There are risks however of miniaturisation under a scar and also if the strip is cut too high, it can be problematic in becoming exposed as loss progresses and the patient´s crown and lateral humps can drop.

• Like 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators

Fantastic video, poor guy had the nightmare scenario, glad he was able to get fixed. What did he look like before the repair?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Great vid. Dr Bisanga seems legit concerned about patients' best interests and seems intent on warning others of potential pitfalls, which is great to see.

Really hope he continues to set such high standards for other surgeons to follow. This industry shouldn't just be about the money grab, but should also be about changing lives for the better AND far into the future.

• Like 2

Amen. Bisanga is a fantastic doctor and absolutely agreed with him. Mega-sessions for younger men, especially diffuse thinners with remaining hair, seems sub-optimal. Didn't realize the risk of FUT -- thanks for posting this informative video!

• Like 2