Celebrity HT

Brando

I know many celebrities have hair issues just like us. The guy that played Greg on the Brady Bunch had a HT, Brenden Fraser wears a Farrel System, and many reports show John Travolta had a HT. Recently I read about Dennis Miller going public about his HT and he said it's wonderful to have hair where there was none. Does anyone know what doctor did Dennis Miller or John Travolta's HT? I know who did Barry Williams(Greg Brady) HT http://www.dominicabrandymd.com/men.htm

Neither did I, but I saw the photos of Brendan Frasier without his system and he's pretty bald. That just goes to show you never know who has their own hair and who doesn't in Hollywood. I would love to know who did Dennis Miller's HT..I can't seem to find it anywhere!

Celebrities have a team of makeup and hair people that work on them before going on camera. Don't think you are looking at a 'real world" result, in many cases they are wearing concealers or even hairpieces.

For example, a lot of people say Nick Cage's HT looks good, when actually they are looking at him wearing a hairpiece. His HT does not look good, unfortunately.

I would only judge a clebrity HT if you saw them in person, in a non-professional setting.

What makes Cage's HT bad? Please be specific instead of just saying it is bad.

For the record, I have seen Tom arnold in person, who supposedly has a HT. And if he does have one, it truly does look sensational.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What makes Cage's HT bad? Please be specific instead of just saying it is bad.

It looks pluggy. It's very see-through. His scalp was obviously painted at the time, as well.

Just because a doctor did a celebrity is no reason to choose that clinic. The doctor who supposedly did "Greg Brady" has damaged a countless number of guys, and is one of the most-hated doctors in the field.

Celebrities have a team of makeup and hair people that work on them before going on camera. Don't think you are looking at a 'real world" result, in many cases they are wearing concealers or even hairpieces.

Very true. Just look at the prosthetic hair Sean Connery wears in most of his current movies. From the point of view of the camera, it's almost impossible to detect the makeup work along the hairline of the prosthesis. I used to model as a kid, and from the front the clothes looked perfect. From the back, you wouldn't believe how many clothes pins were attched to me, pulling the clothes tight and eliminating any wrinkles from showing on the front, LOL.

Guest balloonman

I happen to "know" Nic Cage through a common friend and have seen him on at least 4 different occasions. He absolutely, positively 100% had a tansplant, in fact he has had several. The first one wa from a Beverly Hills Dr who messed him up pretty badly. The second was from Dr Kassimir in NYC who messed him up further.

He has very fine hair and his donor area is mangled. He can no longer do strip but, I aint gonna tell him about FUE, he isn't MY friend and never volunteered to discuss it with me.

He does wear concealer, dermatch in fact, and colors his scalp every day before he goes out of his house. He is a gym rat too and will not even go to the gym at 6am without concealer.

Dennis Miller has one of the most natural HT's I have ever seen (on TV) and Tom Arnolds work seems very good too.

I have often hear about Travolta, his hair was definitely more receded years ago and his new caesar cut appears to be a transplant but, I have no proof of this. If someone can show me proof then I will beleive it.

Tom Arnold's HT is one of the best I've ever seen. He's likely had a few procedures. I'd love to know who did his work. He's got unreal density and can wear his hair in different styles with no see through look.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Arnold was on Howard Stern this morning. They mentioned his HT. Here's a summary of what was said (taken from www.marksfriggin.com)

"Howard noticed that Tom's hair plugs were looking pretty good. Tom told him that's because they're individual hair plugs instead of the big 30 hair plugs that most people get. Howard sounded kind of impressed by that. Tom said that he doesn't worry about the hair and he's had the plugs for about 10 years now. Artie has a big bald spot so Tom told him he should get it done. They do a scalp reduction which would be like getting a face lift at the same time. Artie wondered if there was any fault of his that they hadn't covered today."

I don't agree with the scalp reduction, but at least Howard got to see a "good" HT, even if it was from Bosley. He always rips on people who get bad ones.

Fellas just to let you know,

"John Travolta" has never had a transplant and is quite receded right now...

He's around a norwood 3v and there is proof he wears a piece...

Go to farrels site and look under 'Hairloss Open Topic' and you'll see a thread about him with pictures and all showing his noggin,....

~pArABLE~

Danger,

scroll down to the second or third page in that forum...

I was reading it yesterday...You'll find it...

However I never said anything about Brandon Frasier though....

• 2 weeks later...

how about Robert Forster.....

ever see "diamond men".....???

there are some close ups in the film.....and it does look as though he had his hairline done.......maybe a touch up for his bald/ing spot.......

anyone ever notice?

To add to the list......Kevin Spacey, Tom Papa, Dan Akroid

ahhhh yes, they must have just added him there......robert forster and akroid.

Forster seems to hyave great work done in the front.....and even seems to have left the balding crown and thinning top a bit thin to keep a more realistic look......that is IF he did have work done on anything more than his hairline.

As for Akroid....I never thought he had any work done. I know that within the past few year he has been in films where his bald spot isn't touched up and it's out in plain view in a number of films. You would really think he had a bald spot until he has the back of his head to the camera. Really had his hairline worked on???

Thanks for posting that.

Aykroyd hasn't had any work done. I've seen him on many shows and in person a year ago, and his hairline is receding, plus he has a good sized bald spot.

He's getting older now and relies on being funny, not good looking, so I suppose the hair isn't that big of an issue for him.