How many grafts do you all think I would need to have dense hair?

I have been quoted by

Dr.Bicer for 4500 grafts (frontal only) asked to come for second HT After an year to talk about the crown.

Dr.Gur says I would need 1500 grafts on frontal area and 1500 grafts on crown. 

Dr.Turan asked me to wait 6 months on the current medicine Fin0.5mg , min 5%, biotin 1 gel per day

Fin has been giving me side effects. Ive been asked to use tropical. Going to try tropical.

51E19CC3-EBE9-44EF-BC7F-0C8BD7EA0C45.jpeg

ADC40A58-1ACE-4AA8-8699-74B0366A26D1.jpeg

7A254DC8-09CF-499F-B53A-64A2EC44B67E.jpeg

Personally i would recommend you wait at least 12 full months to give medication a try and then send updated pictures to get a new evaluation. 

You could try add Microneedling into the mix and if you are willing to stay committed to it indefinitely too, Minoxodil. I think you would have a very positive response overall however sticking to Minoxodil will require as much commitment almost as topical Finasteride too imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Johnathan Edison Tesla said:

Fin has been giving me side effects. Ive been asked to use tropical. Going to try tropical.

Sorry to hear you have been getting some side effects, was this on your current dose ? Did you start on 1mg and then reduce to the 0.5?, alternative days is a another option.
When you say tropical 🏝☀️ I know you mean topical but it did make me smile 😆

Edited by J-C
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, J-C said:

Sorry to hear you have been getting some side effects, was this on your current dose ? Did you start on 1mg and then reduce to the 0.5?, alternative days is a another option.

Topical lol and ironically I’m in Maldives. 😂

anyhow I was taking 1mg per day and had side effects, I’m thinking of trying 0.5mg every 2/3 days? Maybe that’ll help?

I sure hope to get dense hair. I wish to grow my hair long so I can surf in style.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

Personally i would recommend you wait at least 12 full months to give medication a try and then send updated pictures to get a new evaluation. 

You could try add Microneedling into the mix and if you are willing to stay committed to it indefinitely too, Minoxodil. I think you would have a very positive response overall however sticking to Minoxodil will require as much commitment almost as topical Finasteride too imo. 

I would try micro-needling starting next month. I will update you after 6 months. To see how my hair has changed. 🙏🏾 Thanks

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Johnathan Edison Tesla said:

I would try micro-needling starting next month. I will update you after 6 months. To see how my hair has changed. 🙏🏾 Thanks

Definitely looking forwards to see your update. Wishing you all the best with it and hope it goes well! 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Johnathan Edison Tesla said:

Topical lol and ironically I’m in Maldives. 😂

anyhow I was taking 1mg per day and had side effects, I’m thinking of trying 0.5mg every 2/3 days? Maybe that’ll help?

I sure hope to get dense hair. I wish to grow my hair long so I can surf in style.

Very nice, I went to the maldives right before my last HT. It was beautiful. As for your question. Are you looking for just the crown? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, J-C said:

I think we could all benefit from a tropical solution, John! 😆

• Like 1

Honestly, I think 4,000 would be solid. Looks like you're a diffuse thinner. I'd do around 2k in the front and 2k in the crown. 4k-5k seems right imo. 3k, I think is too little...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 2:19 PM, Johnathan Edison Tesla said:

These are how my donor area is at the moment. I’m afraid my donor area might be weak

6335EDEB-FCA4-4E25-A356-C98F81118DBF.jpeg

EBC68D1F-9339-4CF1-9CE9-26A489946DC3.jpeg

33F2C27D-5C53-4F5D-84B9-AA16D4081126.jpeg

The donor looks below average/bad.

You may not like the appearance after 3-4k grafts. 

Unless you only get haircuts maybe once every 2 months.

Some don't care what the back of the head looks like and just want to frame the face better, regardless if the back looks goofy as a result.

I've seen it far too often on here and other sites. Just my 2 cents.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hair pulled back to see hairline

I got a quote from Gur, Turan & Bicer

1. Turan says He could perform

1000-1500 on mid scalp and crown

1500 on frontal 

2. Gur says he could perform

1000 on frontal

1000-1500 on mid scalp and crown