Hairline enhancement by Hasson and Wong 2600 grafts FUE

Axel

I'm curious, I assume you did not want to shave your head for the procedure - was there any discussion about this prior to your HT? I have a procedure coming up, and I would love it if I did not have to shave off all my hair, but I feel like their life is made infinitely easier if you shave it all. How was this conversation for you?

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2022 at 12:35 AM, Scream said:

I'm curious, I assume you did not want to shave your head for the procedure - was there any discussion about this prior to your HT? I have a procedure coming up, and I would love it if I did not have to shave off all my hair, but I feel like their life is made infinitely easier if you shave it all. How was this conversation for you?

I've had my hair cut short on the sides and long on the top before, so it wasn't a huge deal to go back to that hairstyle for me. However, they did shave the sides way shorter than is ideal for the style. Additionally, I only had the temples done and it was mild-moderate. Not sure what all you are having done. As far as the convo, I wanted to just shave my head to make it easy on them, but they said if the sides were shaved it wouldn't make a difference. The girl there was actually very insistent that I not shave my entire head, which was a good call... Lol

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

***3 Month Update***

Not a whole lot going on, but the frontal hairs that were transplanted never fell out for the most part. You can see this, as they are quite long at this point. Not to much going on with the temples. There is some early growth, but I sure hope new hairs start to grow in. 

PXL_20220816_175720168~2.jpg

PXL_20220816_175716239~2.jpg

PXL_20220816_175730643~2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, John1991 said:

I'm not one to simp for finasteride or deny its side effects given what it's done to me, but those stats listed are ridiculous.  I think the transplant will turn out great.

You think the article is non-factual? All the links listed are peer-reviewed studies by doctors. I don't claim to know anything personally, but I like to base my ideas around evidence. Obviously these studies can only list results from the population in said study. So numbers can be higher or lower in reality, but the studies themselves are solid overall.

Regardless, I don't want to turn this into a finasteride debate. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'll post some more pics in a couple weeks. 😄

13 minutes ago, Axel said:

You think the article is non-factual? All the links listed are peer-reviewed studies by doctors. I don't claim to know anything personally, but I like to base my ideas around evidence. Obviously these studies can only list results from the population in said study. So numbers can be higher or lower in reality, but the studies themselves are solid overall.

Regardless, I don't want to turn this into a finasteride debate. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'll post some more pics in a couple weeks. 😄

Lol those are pfsfoundation funded studies by Dr. Irwig who is a complete hack. OP I understood not wanting to use finasteride but you need to do a bit more research about Irwig and the pfsfoundation. Finasteride would never have been approved by the FDA if 92% of men were getting erectile dysfunction.

Here is some context about Irwig and the pfsfoundation:

https://youtu.be/ykk3UVyeCiA

Edited by Tiger2050
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tiger2050 said:

Lol those are pfsfoundation funded studies by Dr. Irwig who is a complete hack. OP I understood not wanting to use finasteride but you need to do a bit more research about Irwig and the pfsfoundation. Finasteride would never have been approved by the FDA if 92% of men were getting erectile dysfunction.

Here is some context about Irwig and the pfsfoundation:

https://youtu.be/ykk3UVyeCiA

The Irwig doctor was only involved in the first study I posted? The other three links were unaffiliated. I don't have any bias, just posting what I read. I'd also like to say I don't think the FDA can be viewed in a positive light after decades of controversy. The U.S regulatory agencies are notoriously poor compared to other countries, particularly vs Europe. However, I'll definitely check out your link. I'd hate to be quoting someone that has an agenda. Were there issues with the methodology or study designs in the other links? The last link in particular was from this year and established a link between altered epinephrine levels from finasteride, leading to ED.

Edited by Axel

43 minutes ago, Axel said:

The Irwig doctor was only involved in the first study I posted? The other three links were unaffiliated. I don't have any bias, just posting what I read. I'd also like to say I don't think the FDA can be viewed in a positive light after decades of controversy. The U.S regulatory agencies are notoriously poor compared to other countries, particularly vs Europe. However, I'll definitely check out your link. I'd hate to be quoting someone that has an agenda. Were there issues with the methodology or study designs in the other links? The last link in particular was from this year and established a link between altered epinephrine levels from finasteride, leading to ED.

I suggest chatting with Dr. Hasson and asking him about side effects with finasteride he sees in his practice. Most PFS studies are funded by the pfsfoundation and are very flawed, check out the video I linked and other videos on that channel about the pfsfoundation for reasons why. Finasteride is approved for hair loss by most regulatory agencies worldwide including the EMA. I didn’t get to the last link because the third study also cites several Irwig and pfsfoundation studies.

Edited by Tiger2050

On 8/27/2022 at 2:02 AM, Tiger2050 said:

I suggest chatting with Dr. Hasson and asking him about side effects with finasteride he sees in his practice. Most PFS studies are funded by the pfsfoundation and are very flawed, check out the video I linked and other videos on that channel about the pfsfoundation for reasons why. Finasteride is approved for hair loss by most regulatory agencies worldwide including the EMA. I didn’t get to the last link because the third study also cites several Irwig and pfsfoundation studies.

I have gone to 11 surgeons at this point, the side effect incidence on oral Finasteride is about 40 5o 50% on a regular 1mg dose and about 25% on 0.25mg three times a week from the info I could gather. It's a lot. I am one of those sadly, it pretty much ruined my hormonal panel.

The incidence of side effects using Topical Dutasteride is very low, below 5%. This is probably why Dr Wong has been working on Topical Dutasteride for a while.

By the way, you linked a video by Kevin, someone who publicly supported RU58841 as a safe and viable way of treatment to then retract himself to then support it again. He has probably been on Merck's payroll for years now. Not even the most knowledgeable and experienced hair surgeons deny PFS and side effects yet someone as "smart" as Kevin thinks otherwise.

I don't understand nor support people that mock hair loss suffered who have gotten sick after using Finasteride. While I recognize they might be a minority I am not naïve enough to believe any "blind controlled study"  by a major pharmaceutical company, having a direct relative being a former CEO of the second largest Pharma company in the world I know exactly how those studies are funded and how outcomes are manipulated to benefit sales. It's a business.

Facts are that side effects happen. Facts are that side effects rarely happen permanently (this has been scientifically proven now)

How many get them? Tough to say, several friends have no sides at all, several do. I have permanent issues thanks to Fin so yeah. Tough luck.

I don't go around spreading fear and by all means give it a go if you are already suffering anxiety and depression from hair loss because there is a chance that you won't have them and it will work great for you but let's not tell people they don't exist. They do. It is non debatable neither is PFS at this point with the studies that have been done in recent years by CSF analysis. 

Edited by mustang
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

I never had to hide it, I just left it the same length as I always had it on top. It's wavy so it just kind of sits there with a tiny bit of paste. If you look at the earlier posts, you can see the first days/weeks after I had the surgery. At this point, it's grown in pretty much, so it's almost indistinguishable.

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2022 at 3:07 PM, mustang said:

By the way, you linked a video by Kevin…. He has probably been on Merck's payroll for years now.

This is quite an outrageous claim to undermine the credibility of Kevin by someone who has been caught shilling for a clinic 😂

This might be surprising to you but there are many people like him whose lives have been ruined by finasteride fearmongerers who lost their hairs because they believed the fearmongerers. Kevin explains why he started, to help people like him battle hairloss and cut through the fearmongering. I started fin because of Kevin’s videos and it was the best decision I took, I take a generic brand that one bottle lasts me a year. 

If Merck want someone on their payroll, they would choose popular YouTubers than poor Kevin 😂 He barely gets any views, man even Rob English chose a better YT channel to promote his stuff, you must think very low of Merck if you think they will pay Kevin.

Rest of your post I have no intention to argue, this has been discussed to death. 

Just to show how ridiculous your claim is and the ridiculous conspiracy theorist you sound like, let me present my theories - we both have no way to prove it so hurts nothing. **conspiracy** I think you talk bad of finasteride to promote topical dut which the clinic you work for sells, I think the foundation was created by hair transplant surgeons to fearmonger people from taking finasteride and get more hair transplants **conspiracy**

The funny thing is my ridiculous claims sound more believable than claiming MERCK pays Kevin. 

Edited by LookMaxx

8 hours ago, LookMaxx said:

This is quite an outrageous claim to undermine the credibility of Kevin by someone who has been caught shilling for a clinic 😂

This might be surprising to you but there are many people like him whose lives have been ruined by finasteride fearmongerers who lost their hairs because they believed the fearmongerers. Kevin explains why he started, to help people like him battle hairloss and cut through the fearmongering. I started fin because of Kevin’s videos and it was the best decision I took, I take a generic brand that one bottle lasts me a year. 

If Merck want someone on their payroll, they would choose popular YouTubers than poor Kevin 😂 He barely gets any views, man even Rob English chose a better YT channel to promote his stuff, you must think very low of Merck if you think they will pay Kevin.

Rest of your post I have no intention to argue, this has been discussed to death. 

Just to show how ridiculous your claim is and the ridiculous conspiracy theorist you sound like, let me present my theories - we both have no way to prove it so hurts nothing. **conspiracy** I think you talk bad of finasteride to promote topical dut which the clinic you work for sells, I think the foundation was created by hair transplant surgeons to fearmonger people from taking finasteride and get more hair transplants **conspiracy**

The funny thing is my ridiculous claims sound more believable than claiming MERCK pays Kevin. 

Can we get back to op thread? Y’all can do ur arguing privately 

• Like 1

***Four Month Update***

Seems to have come in pretty good, density is nice for the 4 month mark imo. No one can tell a difference from my natural hair. I do wish the hairline was a bit less straight, but it's fine. We'll see how it looks once it's completely done growing, but I like the density it is now really. The bottom 3 pics are pics of before the procedure, four months ago. 

PXL_20220930_223456583~3.jpg

PXL_20220930_223513326~2.jpg

PXL_20220930_223519023~2.jpg

PXL_20220930_223527014~2.jpg

PXL_20220930_223541398~3.jpg

PXL_20220930_223535466~2.jpg

PXL_20210901_213239769~3.jpg

PXL_20210901_213339263~3.jpg

PXL_20210901_213327236~3.jpg

Edited by Axel

Here's a pic from above. Top is new, bottom is before. Hard to tell, but if you look closely, you can see it's just fluffy on the bottom one. A lot more natural and dense looking now. 707222457_PXL_20220930_2248127422.thumb.jpg.6a4a7d7bd55448bad1de2f8bee14cc01.jpg

PXL_20210902_010253002~2.jpg

Edited by Axel

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

***6.5 month update***

It's only been a month, but I'll do an update. Better density already and I also have a lot of half inch hairs that have come in, so it seems new hairs are still growing.

PXL_20221209_044403878.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20221209_044430177.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20221209_044418003~2.jpg

PXL_20221209_044137399~2.jpg

PXL_20221209_044146623.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20221209_044312433~3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looks great. I know what you mean about a straight hairline. I thought I’d love a straight hairline but I think in retrospect I’d go for a more rounded hairline with some corners if I had it to do over. Not complaining tho. 

Happy growing.