Between Dr. Pekiner and Dr. Yaman

Hey guys, im in the final phase of making a decision. Im in-between Dr. Yaman and Dr. Pekiner. 

Dr. Yaman recommended 4000 grafts, all from the back of the head in one day. Also he is way cheaper ($3250 all inclusive)

Dr. Pekiner recommended 3800 grafts, back of head and beard done over 3 days. And is more expensive. ($10,000 not including hotel)

It surprises me how different the two plan to carry out the same procedure with roughly the same number of grafts. Dr. Pakiner does the entire procedure himself, Dr. Yaman has a number of techs aid. 

I guess im wondering if there is a difference in the end result, both seem to be highly rated here. Any advice would be appreciated! 

Thanks for all the help 

Ya you guys are right. I just have trouble comparing the results, dont have the eye to spot the differences. And the price is really different, wasnt sure if i could justify that. Will probably lean towards Dr. Pekiner though

• Like 2

Based on recent results posted, check out @digi23, and some of the revelations about Dr Yaman's surgical protocols, I personally wouldn't go to him.

Is this your first hair transplant?

If yes, Did Dr. Pekiner give an explanation why he would use body hair in your first surgery?

My opinion: 3800 grafts isn't a huge number these days, and I think using beard hair right from the get-go is really questionable from an aesthetic standpoint if you don't absolutely need it to achieve full coverage as a high Norwood with poor donor.

I'm going to assume he was going to use the beard hair in your crown? If you are a high NW, then 3800 grafts doesn't seem like it will give great coverage if it's spread throughout your entire scalp, including beard hair (even weaker coverage) in your crown.

If you aren't a high NW, then why is Pekiner using beard hair at all?

• Like 1

Im NW 3-4 and this is my first transplant. I have read that beard hair can be really good for adding volume if its mixed in, plus leaves more donors for additional procedures. I am taking oral minoxidil and finasteride, but considering im 29 want to be prepared for a second round. 

As well was concern that the price might not justify the difference in quality, but based on what ppl are saying it seems like Dr. Pekiner is the real deal.  

Beard hair adds coverage when you can't acheive it otherwise. I think that saying it "adds volume" gives me the impression you feel its use is somehow desireable, like adding some kind of volumizing conditioner or hair product to improve your hair's sheen.

You do you, but if it was me, I would really be questioning this recommendation from Pekiner.

9 minutes ago, J-C said:

@AyfeDid you also consider/consult with Dr Bicer? 

I have and contacted them, unfortunately her wait list doesnt work with my schedule. She does seem like a great option otherwise.  

10 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

Beard hair adds coverage when you can't acheive it otherwise. I think that saying it "adds volume" gives me the impression you feel its use is somehow desireable, like adding some kind of volumizing conditioner or hair product to improve your hair's sheen.

You do you, but if it was me, I would really be questioning this recommendation from Pekiner.

Im open to suggestions, dont know very much lol. I will ask him concerning this. I didnt think it was preferable, but just a surgeons technique. Considering what ppl have to say about him I assumed it gets results. 

If you're on oral min and fin, I don't see why you need or want body hair used in your crown as a NW 3/4. The drugs are what's supposed to preserve your existing hair, including donor. Otherwise, why take them? Maybe Pekiner has a different philosophy, but it would be nice to know what that is.

• Like 1

Pekiner is manual extraction (not motorized) and he uses the stick and place technique for implantation. Very hands-on approach and it takes a lot more time.

I agree that you shouldn't use beard grafts unless you have a limited donor area. There's nothing wrong with 200-300 grafts from there, but use them sparingly because they will feel different.

The life improvement from a great head of hair is worth far more than $10k, trust me!

• Like 1

We all know Pekiner is pretty controversial on this forum but when we compare him and Yaman then this is day and night...

Pekiner does have a few poor results. One was when he used to work under HLC back in the day. Check Erfahrungbericht nicht zufrieden mit HLC 2× on alopeziede. 

And also another one here on this forum on a russian patient. It was a long drama 😂

Both cases I'm refering to were good looking donor area but poor survival rate...

But Pekiner came a long way. Now most of his results are solid and pretty natural. He would definitely not be my number 1 choice but if I strictly had to choose someone in Turkey then it would be Bicer Pekiner or Gur/Turan. That' it. 

Yaman is russian roulette. I've seen decent results from him so far but also disasters and permanently damaged donor areas etc.... I watched couple of his interviews, he  seems like a nice guy but hey don't be fooled. He outsources most of his work to his techs... Often has botched jobs etc....

Pekiner all day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1