HT and repair prices

Hi guys, 

I have a question that hasn’t been answered yet or I missed it somewhere for those who had two or more procedures with different surgeons.

Let’s say someone does the procedure at his frontal third and it’s all good but he wants more and then goes to a different surgeon to add density. Is this considered a repair job by the different surgeon , so you pay it that way , or like the normal HT prices by his clinic ?
I’ve seen that some surgeons charge different and many more for repair jobs , that’s why I’m asking . 

thanks in advance ! 

No, that wouldn't be a repair.

A repair usually includes things like taking out poorly placed grafts, excessive scarring, overharvested donor areas, etc. Adding density is normal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Overthinker said:

Hi guys, 

I have a question that hasn’t been answered yet or I missed it somewhere for those who had two or more procedures with different surgeons.

Let’s say someone does the procedure at his frontal third and it’s all good but he wants more and then goes to a different surgeon to add density. Is this considered a repair job by the different surgeon , so you pay it that way , or like the normal HT prices by his clinic ?
I’ve seen that some surgeons charge different and many more for repair jobs , that’s why I’m asking . 

thanks in advance ! 

No, it would not be considered a repair job.  The patient is probably looking for either a better price or a better surgeon. 

When things are bad, however, this becomes a much interesting question.  The second doctor is now taking on the responsibility of what the first surgeon did. This is a pandora's box that can go in many directions.

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Overthinker,

Getting a second or third hair transplant procedure from a different surgeon is not considered a repair procedure if the previous procedure turned out OK.

A hair transplant “repair“ is exactly that - undergoing surgery to correct a previous one that didn’t turn out the way it was supposed to. Some people go to the same surgeon to repair their previous procedure that didn’t work right or they could go to a different surgeon.  But unless something actually went wrong with the previous procedure that requires correction, subsequent procedures are not considered repairs whether it’s with the same surgeon or not.  That means the price for subsequent procedures would be that of a normal hair transplant and not that of a repair.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

37 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

No, that wouldn't be a repair.

A repair usually includes things like taking out poorly placed grafts, excessive scarring, overharvested donor areas, etc. Adding density is normal.

30 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

No, it would not be considered a repair job.  The patient is probably looking for either a better price or a better surgeon. 

When things are bad, however, this becomes a much interesting question.  The second doctor is now taking on the responsibility of what the first surgeon did. This is a pandora's box that can go in many directions.

1 minute ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Overthinker,

Getting a second or third hair transplant procedure from a different surgeon is not considered a repair procedure if the previous procedure turned out OK.

A hair transplant “repair“ is exactly that - undergoing surgery to correct a previous one that didn’t turn out the way it was supposed to. Some people go to the same surgeon to repair their previous procedure that didn’t work right or they could go to a different surgeon.  But unless something actually went wrong with the previous procedure that requires correction, subsequent procedures are not considered repairs whether it’s with the same surgeon or not.  That means the price for subsequent procedures would be that of a normal hair transplant and not that of a repair.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Thank you all for your responses!

I just wanted to make it clear with you who have done it before , because I see all the time people claiming they are not “happy” with the density and want to add more but I wasn’t sure how surgeons react to this. 
That helps a lot 🙏🏼

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Overthinker said:

I just wanted to make it clear with you who have done it before , because I see all the time people claiming they are not “happy” with the density and want to add more but I wasn’t sure how surgeons react to this.

That's pretty standard. Everyone wants more. We all get hair greed.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

That's pretty standard. Everyone wants more. We all get hair greed.

I know , I already have it before even my first , but I wanted to have a more clear vision about the budget when adding density into areas pre transplanted !