Need some encouragement!

It's getting close to my FUT procedure and I'm getting nervous. I'm sure those of you who have gone through a HT procedure can relate. I keep asking myself whether I'll regret it. Then I'll have feelings of excitement that I'll have my hairline back and feel like my "old self" again. In the end, I think I'll be glad I did but there is always that concern in the back of my mind I won't be happy or will regret having it done.

Is it normal to feel this way right before. If you're someone who has had an FUT, are you glad you did it afterwards and was it worth the expense, pain and inconvenience? I guess I'm looking for encouragement that others have gone through it and have been very happy with their decision. Thanks in advance.

Edited by hairyharry

I'm still growing so I'm not sure how I feel about my results yet, but I don't regret getting a hair transplant. Maybe some decades from now I will regret it if it looks weird. The way I saw it, it was just too painful for me to be balding as it affected my social life greatly. It took a while, but it got to the point where I much rather wanted to take a chance to fix my problem than to avoid getting a hair transplant due to fear and waste what youth I have left. In other words, the pain of balding outweighed the pain of getting a hair transplant.  

1 hour ago, hairyharry said:

It's getting close to my FUT procedure and I'm getting nervous. I'm sure those of you who have gone through a HT procedure can relate. I keep asking myself whether I'll regret it. Then I'll have feelings of excitement that I'll have my hairline back and feel like my "old self" again. In the end, I think I'll be glad I did but there is always that concern in the back of my mind I won't be happy or will regret having it done.

Is it normal to feel this way right before. If you're someone who has had an FUT, are you glad you did it afterwards and was it worth the expense, pain and inconvenience? I guess I'm looking for encouragement that others have gone through it and have been very happy with their decision. Thanks in advance.

I'm due to have my first ever procedure next month and will be travelling internationally to do so with Eugenix. 

I also have the same sort of doubts and i think it's normal to do so, even if you have tried to do your best to research and choose the right place for your individual hair transplant case. 

I think not only is it that you will be maybe a touch nervous etc. before but maybe after too when you are post-op in the first few days, especially after FUT and having to manage the sleep deprivation from sleeping a particular way, pain etc. but you have to try and trust yourself that you did everything you can to prepare and NOT hold yourself against anybody else. 

Share your journey in a thread, post regular updates and let the community support you with words of encouragement. I think people underestimate how much more helpful that can be that facing this journey alone in isolation. 

I was thinking i might try and share my journey and stages online to not only document it for myself but hopefully to pay it forwards for others too. 

I'm hoping to have my temple points completely reconstructed and they're arguably the HARDEST part to get right but i'm hopeful i did the best research possible and i will be having the most frank conversation i can with the Doctor to try ensure the utmost care and attention is taken to get the desired result. 

It is very normal to be a bit nervous, hovewer, seems your worry is more about FUT, i had that worry as well which is why i decided to chose FUE doctor instead. My surgery is in June & i feel confident in decision. Its a personal choice as to why i selected FUE, if your  worry is overpowering,  i think you should not rush & do more research, the scar will be permanent, there is no going back.

Edited by civic