Regaine Front Hairline

Hi everyone,

I have bought regaine for my front hairline which is receeding in the corners.  Has anyone used Regaine for front hairline and did it work in stopping the receeding? My hair is considerably thick but has started to receed more so thought I would try with Regaine initially to see if this helped. Any thoughts please?  Not sure if Regaine should be used for front hairline and if it could do more damage than good 😐

9 minutes ago, lfcfan said:

Hi everyone,

I have bought regaine for my front hairline which is receeding in the corners.  Has anyone used Regaine for front hairline and did it work in stopping the receeding? My hair is considerably thick but has started to receed more so thought I would try with Regaine initially to see if this helped. Any thoughts please?  Not sure if Regaine should be used for front hairline and if it could do more damage than good 😐

You need to start Finasteride to truly try block the root cause of male pattern hair loss which is DHT related. 

Using Regaine (Minoxodil) is just going to mask the issues and you will continue to usually lose hair elsewhere. 

If you want to combine Finasteride and Minoxodil you can but without knowing which products responsible for which results you will end up being on them indefinitely. Also, if you combined Microneedling with Minoxodil you will see boosted results. 

I would post some pictures, you can blur your face and definitely try medication/hair restoration for 12 months or so first. 

To be eligible usually for a hair transplant you should demonstrate hair loss stability. 

Speaking for myself who started receding and using minoxidil at 16, it won't help. My hair loss was bad for the next 4 or 5 years until I got on finasteride. Then it stabilised and I had some regrowth, and then 2 years later I had an excellent hairline HT.

The quality and texture of my hair became very poor in those 4 years but finasteride sorted that out too.

That isn't to say minoxidil is useless though and maybe some people do respond well to that on its own....but the general consensus is finasteride is the main thing and minoxidil is the secondary component. 

I would recommend a topical fin/minoxidil combination, it works well for me. 

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I tried rogaine twice in two different occasions .. for several months each time .. just like u I had thick hair but receding in the temples. 

I started getting dandruff n scalp inflammation n my hair started falling out more.  All over the place..

I had to stop it, n once I did the temple was almost totally bald now .. it accelerated the growth of those hairs but it also let them die even faster .. 

but if u want to try to see if it works .. apply some on ur forehead .. those little hairs they start growing longer .. so it does accelerate growth by providing more blood supply .. I give it that .. 

but the inflammation n dandruff offset the gains for me .. but that’s just me, everyone is different .. 

Thanks for the replies. Think am going to stop using it and look at getting a HT in the winter when I can hide it with a hat than over the summer.  Hardest part is trying to staying wfh until I get some form of regrowth as I want to keep my HT private.