Hair regrowth center - Dr Didocha anyone ?

madhav

Hi,

Dr Didocha, Michigan at the Hair Regrowth Center claims that thru a use of mixed grafting he achieves a much better result than Folicular unit grafting. Any testimonials / references ?

Does Folicular unit grafting give you only a fine covering or a thick head of hair ?

Madhav

Hi,

Dr Didocha, Michigan at the Hair Regrowth Center claims that thru a use of mixed grafting he achieves a much better result than Folicular unit grafting. Any testimonials / references ?

Does Folicular unit grafting give you only a fine covering or a thick head of hair ?

Madhav

Density is a result of the total amount of follicles that get transplanted, and not really related to what size the grafts are.

Larger (non-FU) grafts can often look grafty (pluggy) and I suggest you avoid non-FU approaches. Density is meaningless if your transplant looks pluggy. Many guys who have had both all-FU and mixed-graft procedures have to go back and get their larger grafts "corrected".

You can get good density with all-FUs (and more natural results) as long as you move enough follicles to create density. Graft size is not automatically related to density.

There are a few doctors out there who use a small number of larger grafts, in certain patients. For example I've heard that Dr. Shapiro will occasionally use a few larger grafts in certain patients. What you want to avoid is any large percentage of non-FU grafts, for example anything over 10% non-FU may be suspect.

If the doctor uses larger grafts, make sure they are used in trivial amounts. Don't confuse this with what the average clinics do, which is use large percentages of big grafts behind the hairline. Big grafts are faster and easier to use, and so clinics make more money with big grafts. Look at the section of the website Best_hair_transplant_procedure for a better explanation.

A microscopically-dissected FU graft looks more natural than a Minigraft. In my opinion, a natural looking graft is the #1 priority, if you don't have that forget it.

Talk to Dr. Didocha and get him to clarify his approach. If he uses a significant number of larger grafts (which the average clinic usually does), I recommend you find another clinic.

madhav,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Does Folicular unit grafting give you only a fine covering or a thick head of hair ?

It's probably open to debate on what you mean by "thick", but I'll offer my pictures as proof of what an all (or mostly all) FU transplant looks like.

Look at the before pics and you'll see what old punch grafts and mini/micro grafts look like after someone loses the hair around them. Some of the largest punch grafts had to be surgically removed, and then were dissected and re-transplanted as FU's. The hairline was re-created with all FU's.

I would love more density, so my hair on top is "thick" like the sides, but given where I was as a NW6-7, it pretty damn thick up there now!

Mr. T

Mr. T's 8 month post-op photos