Want an FUE on my hairline in London . PICS included

Hi everyone

35 year old male . Been on finasteride for 3 years (maybe 4) as notice some thinning .

Most recently have noticed my hairline receding more and more . 

What are people’s thoughts? How many grafts etc needed ?

Also ,I notice Dr Raghu Reddy recommended a lot for London patients . Any others ?

Regards

7331686B-8186-44E8-AEFB-F981A9EA33D2.jpeg

89F90861-E6F0-4C21-97A0-4F69BF06BC2A.jpeg

128E0EB8-50AB-42D5-B3AF-CB8C15596DC5.jpeg

B78F779E-5416-4AEC-B03D-A631D06DD223.jpeg

• Administrators

Check out our list of recommendations in Europe, there are several options in Belgium and close by.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Ad1987 said:

Thanks 

Roughly how many grafts do you think would be recommended ?

Personally I think you have excellent hair, and I’m struggling to see how it could be improved, risk vs reward here. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

Personally I think you have excellent hair, and I’m struggling to see how it could be improved, risk vs reward here. 

Thanks . See I get differing opinions … some saying I am  def male pattern balding and others saying just  a mature hairline …

I think the crown may show some thinning which I’ve included pics of that I’ve just taken outside in the daylight hours .

i have been on finasteride for 3 or 4 years and don’t think I’ve noticed much of a change in the crown but have the hairline … 

B4E35418-1127-4D77-AAF6-6BFE095D8738.jpeg

BC23F252-E41A-40DA-85D3-C76438D7DB13.jpeg

98871754-E201-40E0-913E-F8E45710F205.jpeg

I think you make for a good candidate - you’re a good age, you’re on medication, and don’t have a huge amount of loss - however it is undeniable a good restoration would improve your aesthetic. 

That would be a walk in the park for any reputable surgeon with a catalogue of hairline results - I would echo sentiments to look into Belgian and Spanish surgeons , however I am confident Reddy would do a very good job on this as well. 

10 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

I think you make for a good candidate - you’re a good age, you’re on medication, and don’t have a huge amount of loss - however it is undeniable a good restoration would improve your aesthetic. 

That would be a walk in the park for any reputable surgeon with a catalogue of hairline results - I would echo sentiments to look into Belgian and Spanish surgeons , however I am confident Reddy would do a very good job on this as well. 

Thanks 

do you think the crown is needed or no? I don’t actually know if I’m thinking on the crown or it’s just the way my crown swirls …

6 minutes ago, Ad1987 said:

Thanks 

do you think the crown is needed or no? I don’t actually know if I’m thinking on the crown or it’s just the way my crown swirls …

Nothing needed on your crown whatsoever - I would be inclined to say your crown has probably always been like that, you seem to have quite fine hair. 

Thanks for the responses @J.A.Cand @Curious25 

I am mindful the surgeon I am interested in using is quite pricey so trying to ascertain how many grafts would be needed for a hairline like mine ? Any ideas ?

i would like the option where they will have to shave the donor area and the hairline needing the grafts … 

4 minutes ago, Ad1987 said:

Thanks for the responses @J.A.Cand @Curious25 

I am mindful the surgeon I am interested in using is quite pricey so trying to ascertain how many grafts would be needed for a hairline like mine ? Any ideas ?

i would like the option where they will have to shave the donor area and the hairline needing the grafts … 

Have you had any consultations yet? Normally they would give you a idea..

1 minute ago, Ad1987 said:

No , not yet but just trying to work out the finances .

im completely new to all this and understand the person I may go to charges £6-7  per graft .

If you look at Spain, Portugal, Belgium then it would be anything from €2.50 per graft up to around €5 approx. So much better than Uk prices, and some of the best Drs/Clinics anywhere worldwide. 

I think for convenience I will need to stick with London.

I understand from research that surgeons like Reddy in London stand against those great surgeons abroad , just pricier .

2 minutes ago, Ad1987 said:

I think for convenience I will need to stick with London.

I understand from research that surgeons like Reddy in London stand against those great surgeons abroad , just pricier .

They don’t compare in terms of results, look at the Dr Freitas results here and then look at Dr Reddys. I don’t even think they are in the same league (IMO)

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

Definitely looks fine, have you got any earlier pics of your hair ? Just so we can compare 🙏

These were taken before I hopped on finasteride about 4 years ago when I was 30.

They were taken under bathroom lighting so different lighting than the pics in my first post  which were taken outdoors .

468EDB9C-23D6-4A15-B803-4C19FF45A081.jpeg

760BF786-10D0-4215-A5A8-80029EA1CF4F.jpeg

C103C0DA-504B-46B8-B6D4-360255F41A3D.jpeg

• Like 2

As someone who  has had 3 HTs - all considered state of the art - I would not even dream of having surgery if I were you. And many consider my work to be excellent (it was - it's not now).

I would also echo some of the comments here about London surgeons. I just visited 2 and both were F*ing awful for multiple reasons I won't document here. The UK industry seem to be in the dark ages still in terms of their approach to potential patients.

My surgeries were in the US and now 12 years on since my last surgery, I am having to consider another as I now have 2 hairlines with a cm gap between them. Go figure - receeding continues, donor supply only goes down.

When I had my fist HT in 2003, I just wanted to look age appropriate, all the usual reasons etc. Now, I wish I could buzz cut my hair and just look like loads of guy with natural hair loss. Your goals change bro.

My goal now is to not look like I've had a HT and if I could remove them all - I would. With styling my hair still looks ok, however, under the cover is a different story.

Do the maths - it simply does not add up for most cases.

• Like 2

Thanks for the response @Surfarosa. Can I ask why you would not dream of surgery if you were me ? Is it because you don’t belive in transplants longevity per se or that you don’t think I’d be a good candidate .

I’m  35 so I hope my hair loss would be considered slow and from here on in will be gradual but very slow due to age being on my side and the state of the current hair on my head (or so I have been advised !) … 

interested to know your thoughts .

thanks 

• Valued Contributor

There is no way surgery can replace the naturalness that you have already in regards to your hair. All hair transplantation can do is to try it's best to mimic it and give an illusion of more hair. Personally I think you should stay on finasteride as it has appeared to work wonders. I would not pick you as a person 'going bald' if I was to meet you. Once you go down the hair transplant path you enter losing what you have now and trading it with very real risks such as shock loss (sometimes permanent), definitely scarring of the donor region, risk of poor growth for no apparent reason and the list goes on. A hair transplant is a last resort once every other option has been exhausted.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

There is no way surgery can replace the naturalness that you have already in regards to your hair. All hair transplantation can do is to try it's best to mimic it and give an illusion of more hair. Personally I think you should stay on finasteride as it has appeared to work wonders. I would not pick you as a person 'going bald' if I was to meet you. Once you go down the hair transplant path you enter losing what you have now and trading it with very real risks such as shock loss (sometimes permanent), definitely scarring of the donor region, risk of poor growth for no apparent reason and the list goes on. A hair transplant is a last resort once every other option has been exhausted.

Wise words ☝️

• Thanks 1