Hair transplant fell out?

Hey three years ago I had an amazing hair transplant. You can see how thick it was at the top. During Covid it literally all thinned out and now it’s like it is below and the below is after another hair transplant.

is it possible for hair transplants to thin out. I had the most amazing hairline. I’ve no idea what happened to it. It just all thinned out in Covid.

is this possible?

top after first transplant

below after second transplant 

Yes! and this has happened to me too. It is not discussed enough on this forum. Im going back to Turkey to have it thickened up but my fear is that it'll happen again after a few year and then what? Did you stop taking finistriade and minioidil after surgery ? I was told it might be the telegon phase of the hair (where it falls out and goes into resting mode) but that was months ago and not much improvement. Sucks man.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 months ago now. I literally lost all my amazing hair from the first transplant. I don’t know what happened but because you couldn’t get your haircut in Covid I didn’t realise or notice until May last year and just saw how different it was. I’ve had my second transplant done and it still hasn’t made a difference to what I wanted.

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

How long ago was your second hair transplant? Could this be shock loss?

• 3 months later...
On 4/10/2022 at 3:56 AM, Navthedon said:

Yes! and this has happened to me too. It is not discussed enough on this forum. Im going back to Turkey to have it thickened up but my fear is that it'll happen again after a few year and then what? Did you stop taking finistriade and minioidil after surgery ? I was told it might be the telegon phase of the hair (where it falls out and goes into resting mode) but that was months ago and not much improvement. Sucks man.

That's very worrying because I seem to be experiencing the same thing. A lot of my transplanted hair from 19 months ago seems to have thinned and fallen out. Itz very upsetting. I'd go for a top up but my worry is that it will just fall out again.