Topical FINASTERIDE 0.1%+MINOXIDIL 5% feedback

deadman

Hello,

I have been using this spray since like 6 months as prescribed by my HT surgeon. Good part is I am not facing any effects.

OR

Is there a better topical product?

I personally think I should continue using this topical (fin and min) even after my 2nd HT sitting is done. I feel like Tugain solution from Cipla(FINASTERIDE 0.1%+MINOXIDIL 5%) might be a better product in terms of quality.

Just curious to know your feedback if anyone used those topical solution or suggest if you have better solutions. Just want to keep existing and transplanted hairs healthy.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

Edited by deadman
Removed link

1st sitting ~4500-5000 grafts (FUT+FUE+chest), 1st June 2021, India

2nd sitting, FUE ~2850 grafts implanted for crown(primary concern), March 2023

• deadman changed the title to Topical FINASTERIDE 0.1%+MINOXIDIL 5% feedback
  • Administrators

I haven't heard of this product, for me, the two topical formulas I would be willing to use is the one from Dr. Hasson and the one from Dr. Mwamba. I know there are a few more doctors out there that do their own formula. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Can you share the the link or info, I can read what's suggested by Dr. Hasson and Dr. Mwamba?

The topical solution, I have been using it has both min and fin in one, I never had any side effects.

@Melvin- Moderator If you can share a link what they have prescribed, that'd be great.

Edited by deadman

3 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

did you have sides from oral previously?

No, so this is my first time using this min +fin topical since 6 months ( as prescribed by my surgeon) and I never had any effects up until now. No never took oral.

We are not allowed to post links, this is the one TUGAIN MEN 5% contains FINASTERIDE 0.1%+MINOXIDIL 5%

Edited by deadman

2 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

I personally had some very good results with 0.1% fin, 5% min & 0.01% tretinoin diluted in a base of trichosol.

It was just compounded by my local pharmacy. 

tretinoin is not present but yeah otherwise it looks the same as yours

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 2:57 AM, mrmane85 said:

If you're not getting any sides then I would just keep going with your topical. Consistency is the key. 

Yes, I am doing it 1ml once a day. The problem I am facing now, I cannot find this mix combination topical spray in North America but only available in India.

The 2nd thing, I am thinking if there's a better alternative if I let's take oral 1mg fin tablet or something because I feel desperate to improve my hair quality even more if possible before my 2nd sitting.

11 hours ago, deadman said:

Yes, I am doing it 1ml once a day. The problem I am facing now, I cannot find this mix combination topical spray in North America but only available in India.

The 2nd thing, I am thinking if there's a better alternative if I let's take oral 1mg fin tablet or something because I feel desperate to improve my hair quality even more if possible before my 2nd sitting.

This mix is very common so I'm sure you could find it. I get my formula compounded by a local pharmacy in Australia. 

Maybe call some compounding pharmacies close to you to see if they can assist. Then you'll just need a script from your G.P. which is pretty easy. 

Alternatively companies like Strut Health, Hims,Minoxidil Max, have this formula so you could enquire if they ship to North America.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 11:11 PM, mrmane85 said:

This mix is very common so I'm sure you could find it. I get my formula compounded by a local pharmacy in Australia. 

Maybe call some compounding pharmacies close to you to see if they can assist. Then you'll just need a script from your G.P. which is pretty easy. 

Alternatively companies like Strut Health, Hims,Minoxidil Max, have this formula so you could enquire if they ship to North America.

Thanks for the hope, I luckily found the formula on ebay dot ca, it's tugain cipla. Hopefully it will be great.

• Like 1