Is there any difference between dr. Pinto and dr. Ferreira?

They are very similar Dr's in how they operate their clinics but I'm sure if you look at their work, you'd see some differences in HL design. Dr. Pinto is a little cheaper as well but that doesn't mean he's not as good. I chose Dr. Ferreira but I didn't know about Dr. Pinto at the time. Maybe get consultations from both if you can and this will help you decide. 

• Administrators

Dr. Ferreira is a nice guy. I have had a few conversations with him. I think he has more results on the forum. I don’t know much of Pinto besides the work on @JDEE0 which is excellent. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, JoeMan said:

They are very similar Dr's in how they operate their clinics but I'm sure if you look at their work, you'd see some differences in HL design. Dr. Pinto is a little cheaper as well but that doesn't mean he's not as good. I chose Dr. Ferreira but I didn't know about Dr. Pinto at the time. Maybe get consultations from both if you can and this will help you decide. 

What's Dr Pinto price?

I don't think there's a ton of difference, except Pinto has a lot more patient-posted cases on Spanish-speaking forums (they're like 95% homeruns). Pinto and Ferreira are both great surgeons.

Edited by shadowcast
  • Like 1

I heard that he recently increased from 2.6€ to 2.95€ but I haven't confirmed this with his office. This is what another member posted. 

I also believe Dr. Pinto has plenty of results on the Spanish forums. 

• Like 1

It was confirmed to me that price was raised to 2,95 €/graft. I have received tremendous feedback from his coordinator Emilio which is really distinguishing dr. Pinto from other clinics that I have contacted. And that includes Ferreira, de Freitas and HLC. I will wait to see what every doctor has to say and then I'll definitely decide. 

Screenshot_20220405-185229.jpg

And I have also one valid question that probably deserves another thread. Would you book surgery without proper estimate of how many grafts you'll need and how often does that happen? 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Kraki77 said:

It was confirmed to me that price was raised to 2,95 €/graft. I have received tremendous feedback from his coordinator Emilio which is really distinguishing dr. Pinto from other clinics that I have contacted. And that includes Ferreira, de Freitas and HLC. I will wait to see what every doctor has to say and then I'll definitely decide. 

That’s good to hear, always good to see good customer service. If you have trouble reaching Dr. De Freitas, message his rep Ignacio here, he always responds. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 minutes ago, Kraki77 said:

And I have also one valid question that probably deserves another thread. Would you book surgery without proper estimate of how many grafts you'll need and how often does that happen? 

Not sure what you mean by proper? Has Dr. Pinto not given an estimate? 

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

That’s good to hear, always good to see good customer service. If you have trouble reaching Dr. De Freitas, message his rep Ignacio here, he always responds. 

Thank you Melvin. I'm familiar with their procedure, it is necessary to wait at least 1-2 months for doctor's review of your case. However, if by that time I don't see any response from the clinic Ignacio will certainly be on my list, just to remind him that my case was submitted. With huge influx of messages that they receive daily it's perfectly understandable that some patients disappear from their radar. 

3 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Not sure what you mean by proper? Has Dr. Pinto not given an estimate? 

No, I have received estimate from HLC and dr. Pinto will certainly give his own prediction in next few days. Dr. Ferreira still hasn't given his own vision but that does not mean that I have something against that. He responded with greatest enthusiasm that you can imagine to everything that I've posted. He absolutely delivers that personal touch and puts your mind to rest with his expertise. It's probably quite normal for many clinics to book surgery and give an estimate along the way. 

1 hour ago, Kraki77 said:

Emilio is top class! I'm booked in with Dr. Pinto for my upcoming surgery in May and very happy with my choice.

FUT with Dr. Konior in 2014 - 3814 grafts - Thread

FUE with Dr. Pinto in May 2022 - 3252 grafts

48 minutes ago, therambler said:

Emilio is top class! I'm booked in with Dr. Pinto for my upcoming surgery in May and very happy with my choice.

Second this, Emilio is great. I believe he underwent some very early FUEs with Dr. Lorenzo ~10 years ago.

• Like 1

Kraki77,

I want to make it clear that nothing I say on this topic will have anything to do with either of those doctors. But I want to provide a general answer because I think it’s important here.

Every doctor has a unique set of skills and varying levels of experience with surgical hair restoration. Then, to break it down further, each hair transplant surgeon has varying degrees of experience and skills associated with FUE versus FUT/strip.

In my honest opinion, The more educated and knowledgeable prospective patients are regarding hair transplantation and the doctors/clinics that perform the procedure, the easier it will be to make an educated and informed decision on which surgeon is best for them.

To start, prospective patients should have a list of preoperative questions they should ask each doctor/clinic.  Answers to these questions should help you determine whether or not each surgeon is performing state of the art hair transplant surgery.

In addition, prospective patients should be thoroughly impressed by a multitude of results they’ve seen presented by both patients and the surgeon.   This could be online or off-line. Meeting patients in person can also be helpful but isn’t always possible.

I can always provide more specific information on questions to ask each surgeon. In the meantime, I just want to find some general insight on comparing surgeons and narrowing your selection down.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

There are of course differences between Dr. P and Dr. F, both are different doctors after all with their own approaches and methodologies when it comes to surgery. With that said, I'll read between the lines a bit to answer what you're actually asking for which is a comparison of their skill and results. In my opinion, not really, they're both on a very similar level and it just comes down to which you get that best gut feeling with (of course in addition to scanning all of their patient results thoroughly and deciding which stylistic outcomes you prefer more, although both approach things very similarly in terms of designs and conservativeness etc).

They both actually worked together at clinica ecrilla in Bilbao, Spain for a number of years and it seems developed very similar approaches in their time here. They're also both good friends who live in the same city, they even have shared nurses/techs between each other (unsure if they still do when needed), as Dr. Pinto told me himself. They also are two of the only doctors who take the approach of a few surgeries per week, with everything done by them apart from the sorting and loading of the grafts, so they both have that extreme hands on approach in common. 

Personally, I chose Dr. Pinto because he has 60+ patient posted results on the Spanish forum(s) and, as has been said already, the overwhelming majority are unquestionably above average outcomes. Dr. F unfortunately doesn't have as many simply because he was working at Lorenzo's clinic for a number of years whilst Pinto had opened his own practice, so he was unable to publish them under his name so to speak. But he's now got a decent number on here to look at. 

Emilio's was also what sealed the deal for me after this, he's a super nice guy who really takes an interest and has lots of knowledge with all things HT and he really is an asset to the clinic, I've spoken to lots of clinics and consulted with them and it's rare you get someone who you feel is truly trustworthy as I did with him. 

Hope that helps, but in short, can't go wrong with either, they're two of the best in the world.

• Like 3