What are these Bumps in the donor area post FUE ? And how long till they go away ?

I have small bumps in my donor area still 10 weeks after FUE and they do not seem to be going away . They are present in the scalp donor and the beard donor . They come and go but never fully subside . Is this normal ? what is the best course of action in terms of treating them ?

Probably ingrown hairs.

FUE is not perfect as it done relatively blindly with regards to what might be going on below the surface of the scalp.  For example, follicles hidden in a resting phase may be unwhittingly damaged or blocked by scar tissue.

I had maybe a handful in the donor area which imerged like small acne spots.  These went away after a while.  I still maybe get one randomly occuring every 3 months or so.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

Most likely ingrown hairs, if theres a lot I would suggest talking to your surgeon so they can prescribe you medication.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.