Should I book a paid hair consultation with Farjo Hair Clinic (£95) or Chiswick Hair Clinic (£136)? Both UK clinics.

I want to get a thorough hair examination but it seems like paid services are my only decent option. I had a free consultation with Dr. Arshad's clinic which wasn't great. So now I'm deciding between the Farjo or Chiswick hair clinic for a paid consultation. The former costs £95 and the latter is £136. Does anyone have any experience with these? Ideally I'd prefer Farjo since I'm not planning to get a transplant in either clinic and would rather have it done outside the UK.

I did assume that Chiswick's consultation was free but received an email with the fee. It appears they're consultation is pretty thorough as this is what the email said:

"This assessment measures your suitability for treatment based on your individual treatment goals and includes a trichoscopy report which accurately measures parameters such as current hair density, individual hair calibre and proportions of single vs multi grafts units. Once all this information has been analysed, a bespoke treatment plan will be devised, and we will then send this out to you along with the results of the trichoscopy in a detailed report."

Also sent an email to Farjo asking them what their consultation covers. 

Edited by TheDarkHour

I think the more consultations you have the better, however I have paid for a couple of consultations and since looked back and realised they were very poor . 
I recently had a free consultation with Dr Bisanga and it was head and shoulders above any other. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whipaway said:

I think the more consultations you have the better, however I have paid for a couple of consultations and since looked back and realised they were very poor . 
I recently had a free consultation with Dr Bisanga and it was head and shoulders above any other. 

Definitely agree, even travelling quite a distance for a Dr Bisanga appt is worth it. 👍🏽

Edited by J.A.C

2 hours ago, Whipaway said:

I didn't know Dr Bisanga did free consultations tbh. I have a friend who is looking like he will have a more generous budget than myself and I was considering going with him to see Dr Bisanga. Even if it's just a flight away from the UK we would be willing to see Dr Bisanga. 

12 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I didn't know Dr Bisanga did free consultations tbh. I have a friend who is looking like he will have a more generous budget than myself and I was considering going with him to see Dr Bisanga. Even if it's just a flight away from the UK we would be willing to see Dr Bisanga. 

If you’re anywhere near London, just hop on the Eurostar, 

12 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

If you’re anywhere near London, just hop on the Eurostar, 

We're a bit further out but depending on how prices shake out it might be something we do. Flights usually can be quicker and i think Jet2 etc. fly from a local airport more readily but the Eurostar could be a scenic way of going too. 

33 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I’m not sure if consultations at his clinic are free of charge.

This was a free consultation when Dr Bisanga visited london. 

Altough not a lengthy consultation he gets straight to work on what he needs to do and I was very impressed 

30 minutes ago, Whipaway said:

I’m not sure if consultations at his clinic are free of charge.

This was a free consultation when Dr Bisanga visited london. 

Altough not a lengthy consultation he gets straight to work on what he needs to do and I was very impressed 

Okay, can you tell us what the consultation involved? 

I know in his clinic he uses the Trichoscopic devices to properly see hair quality, miniturisation and donor density etc. 

That's the type of consultation i thought you had tbh. 

17 hours ago, J.A.C said:

Yeh I would swerve both… What happened with Dr Arshad? Was it a rushed appt, or just not particularly thorough? 

Both. The woman started 15 minutes late and abruptly ended the call 15 minutes early.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

Okay, can you tell us what the consultation involved? 

I know in his clinic he uses the Trichoscopic devices to properly see hair quality, miniturisation and donor density etc. 

That's the type of consultation i thought you had tbh. 

You would be best reaching out directly to BHR who will give you a better description than I can.

I certainly know it’s the best I had and believe it or not I have gone to paid consultations with reputable clinics where they haven’t used devices. 

1 hour ago, Whipaway said:

You would be best reaching out directly to BHR who will give you a better description than I can.

I certainly know it’s the best I had and believe it or not I have gone to paid consultations with reputable clinics where they haven’t used devices. 

No, i understand. 

I just meant in terms of what you personally had happen in the consultation because you said it was in London, not in Belgium and was curious whether it was involving something in particular other than an in depth talk, like was there tools used etc.