Accommodation BHR Clinic (Brussels)

Whipaway

• Administrators

I will tag @Raphael84 to help

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks Melvin

Hi @Whipaway

As the clinic moved location at the beginning of January 2020, the new location is around 12km to the south of Brussels city centre in an area called Waterloo.
If you have already received the document provided by the clinic in relation to nearby accommodation, you will see 4 options that are listed and their distance from the clinic.

I have personally stayed at both the Ibis and Value Stay. Both present basic yet standard rooms, but for a 2 night stay (depending on how long you intend to stay in Brussels) both were fine. The "beauty" with the Value Stay hotel is that it is 200 metres from the clinic and so ideal for getting to the clinic and back for pre op, surgery and post op without the need to organise a taxi or an Uber for example.

When I stayed at Value Stay, I reserved a larger room with kitchen appliances to be able to prepare my own food as I stayed in Brussels for a week and they generally have bath as opposed to only a shower so whilst not luxurious, it was comfortable and of a decent size. I have not stayed in a standard room at Value Stay so am not sure but many patients utilise this option and most find it satisfactory. 

The Ibis room was small and requires transport as is between 4-5km and of the two, personally my experience in Value Stay with a larger room was more recommendable.

For those with higher expectations and specifics, then the other two options on the clinic document show the Cote Vert and Martin´s Grand Hotel which offer much more comfort and are of a higher standard and therefore this is represented in pricing. I will choose one of these next time I am in Brussels to be able to offer further insight regarding these options.

All patients have their own preferences in regards to what they personally "require" and expect from accommodation so whilst for most, it is about convenience due to having such a brief stay and limited time actually in the hotel, others may feel that having spent x thousand Euros for surgery, they deserve a little luxury and more comfort.

Best of luck with your decision.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.