Does anyone took grafts from theirs legs?

Hi guys,

I am curious if there is a single thread here of someone who used theirs legs as a source for filling up the donor. 

2) Does anyone know a Doctor who has experience with legs hair besides Umar?

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, danielx111 said:

Hi guys,

I am curious if there is a single thread here of someone who used theirs legs as a source for filling up the donor. 

Thanks!

From what i have learned body hair usually has a less survival rate. There are cases of surgeons using body hair. But it depends on the location which you are taking and implanting them and the hair texture. Leg hair usually isnt as thick as other body hair but could still be applied depending on the surgeons skill and the area it will be implanted.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

I heard that the last resort is chest , although regrowth rate is something like 60- 70 percent . As in with normal scalp is 90-95 percent .  So you have to implant much more and the quality may not ever be the same . But if your preferred hair style is buzzing it with number 2-3 the body hair strategy is a viable one . 

21 minutes ago, Kashnw7hope said:

I heard that the last resort is chest , although regrowth rate is something like 60- 70 percent . As in with normal scalp is 90-95 percent .  So you have to implant much more and the quality may not ever be the same . But if your preferred hair style is buzzing it with number 2-3 the body hair strategy is a viable one . 

You didn't read the OP's question right.  He isn't asking how effective leg hair is in a normal hair transplant, but in filling the donor area instead.  He must be looking to repair overharvesting.

My Dr said the only viable option after scalp and beard is chest . Whether for filling the crown or donor . He said leg/arm hairs are way too weak . I may have to address the overharvesting situation myself soon and I do not want to do SMP

12 minutes ago, Kashnw7hope said:

My Dr said the only viable option after scalp and beard is chest . Whether for filling the crown or donor . He said leg/arm hairs are way too weak . I may have to address the overharvesting situation myself soon and I do not want to do SMP

Thing is, my legs hair are EXTREMELY thick. I also have tons of doubles leg grafts. I am looking to fill between (And also re build the template which is the only place that is virgin scalp).

I am just curious if anyone transplanted legs/arms hair and it actually grew and 2) Which doctor did it before besides Umar.

9 hours ago, danielx111 said:

Hi guys,

Thanks!

We have performed hair transplant using leg hair as the donor. Please inbox us your contact details and we can get back to you for a detailed consultation. Or you can reach us on +918826473333 or info@eugenix.in

We can also share the pictures and contact details of the patients who have had leg hair (donor) done with us.

9 minutes ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

We have performed hair transplant using leg hair as the donor. Please inbox us your contact details and we can get back to you for a detailed consultation. Or you can reach us on +918826473333 or info@eugenix.in

We can also share the pictures and contact details of the patients who have had leg hair (donor) done with us.

Out of curiosity, what would you say the yield could be ? Very approx, I would imagine in the region of 50%.. 

The biggest issue with hair on the chest, legs etc. is usually the thickness or length never really reaches good length like scalp hair or in some cases beard hair. 

Beard hair is also usually thicker and coarse, which can curl and sometimes is a different colour than the scalp for some. So it's also not perfect but it can grow fairly longer than chest or leg hair etc. 

That's why medication like Finasteride is such a key part of hair loss prevention imo because if you respond positively it will put you in a greater position to keep the hair you have had and not have to resort to the other sources which are much more difficult and sometimes do not yield a positive impact. Mentally having spent that much money and receiving a sub standard outcome is probably still going to hit as hard. 

7 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

I actually sent you a message on Whatsapp about 8 months ago, you mentioned legs are not an option, just chest and beard.

I am actually extrem happy to hear that. Will PM asap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NARMAK said:

The biggest issue with hair on the chest, legs etc. is usually the thickness or length never really reaches good length like scalp hair or in some cases beard hair. 

Beard hair is also usually thicker and coarse, which can curl and sometimes is a different colour than the scalp for some. So it's also not perfect but it can grow fairly longer than chest or leg hair etc. 

That's why medication like Finasteride is such a key part of hair loss prevention imo because if you respond positively it will put you in a greater position to keep the hair you have had and not have to resort to the other sources which are much more difficult and sometimes do not yield a positive impact. Mentally having spent that much money and receiving a sub standard outcome is probably still going to hit as hard. 

My legs hair about 2 inch length, I am looking to fill the donor with these hairs so I won't keep them longer than 0.25 inch. My legs are are pretty thick and extremely dark. When I was a child I hated to go with a short because of that 😂 Now at least I hope it will have some use haha

12 minutes ago, danielx111 said:

My legs hair about 2 inch length, I am looking to fill the donor with these hairs so I won't keep them longer than 0.25 inch. My legs are are pretty thick and extremely dark. When I was a child I hated to go with a short because of that 😂 Now at least I hope it will have some use haha

Damn, you sound like the exception lol. 

Well, if you do get to use them, hopefully it helps but it isn't an ideal source based on survival rates so it probably might require a lot more grafts and as a result cost. I hope you can hopefully get a good outcome regardless and be happy 

All the best. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

Damn, you sound like the exception lol. 

Well, if you do get to use them, hopefully it helps but it isn't an ideal source based on survival rates so it probably might require a lot more grafts and as a result cost. I hope you can hopefully get a good outcome regardless and be happy 

All the best. 

Thank you so much!

• Like 1