Anyone had experience with Dr Mark Tam (Harley Street)

Gurillo32

I'm thinking of going ahead with a hair transplant with Dr Mark Tam. He seems to have won numerous awards for his work and seemed very knowledgeable during the consultation.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of him/could recommend his work or alternatively had bad experiences or any other general info to be aware of?

Thanks a lot 

By all means check out this search:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/search/?&q=Tam&search_and_or=or

But the only thing to really take away from any mentions here is that we have yet to see  actual patient posting their result. Online reviews cannot be relied upon, it’s results being posted on a forum such as this which are needed. For the cost involved your much better off choosing some of the elite in Europe. 

• Like 1

Haven't heard of him personally.

What is your Norwood level and what are you looking to get done?

As the above poster mentioned, I would reach out to the top Dr's in Spain and Belgium to see what they would advise and from there you can narrow it down to a preferred surgeon. 

Dr Freitas and Dr Ferreira I believe are charging 3 Euros per graft and  many consider these two as top 5-10 surgeons in the world. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

I wouldn't go to any doctor in the UK but that's just me...can't you take a quick train ride to Belgium? 

I'll be honest and say that i do think there is an option in probably the Maitland Clinic with Dr Ball that seems really good. Does like 1 patient a day. However i think this forum and others tend to gravitate towards a much more focused and narrow field. Like for example, Dr Arshad was recommended for a while and then removed. 

Ultimately anybody looking for a hair transplant needs to do their research and find the best fit for their circumstances and budget. 

8 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Dr Arshad was recommended for a while and then removed

Dr Arshad and Dr Farjo are still forum recommended. However i don’t rate any of the Drs here in the UK on the same level as the elite choices available elsewhere in Europe. Dr Reddy, Dr Ball do have good results out there, but not too the level of others in Spain/Portugal/Belgium/Bulgaria etc.. 

It was Dr Reddy that was removed from the list. 

Edited by J.A.C

4 hours ago, J.A.C said:

Dr Arshad and Dr Farjo are still forum recommended. However i don’t rate any of the Drs here in the UK on the same level as the elite choices available elsewhere in Europe. Dr Reddy, Dr Ball do have good results out there, but not too the level of others in Spain/Portugal/Belgium/Bulgaria etc.. 

It was Dr Reddy that was removed from the list. 

Yes, i came across that before with Dr Reddy being removed. 

Personally i do think that you are right that those other places are thought of more readily. Particularly Spain but even then, its a handful of names and probably why they have such long waiting lists. 

• 1 year later...