Which day to remove crusts and how much pressure to apply?

Indy

Hello all,

I recently had FUE in Turkey on March 19th...Day 5 today. Just researching around online and seems there is a difference of opinion between day 10 to day 13 to start to remove crusts that have formed.

Wanted to hear feedback on the matter and how much pressure to apply, as I am scared of dislodging the grafts?

Thank you,

Indy

After 3 days, most believe, you cannot dislodge a graft.  They do recommend however, you start massaging the area with your fingertips on day 7th.  You also need to keep the donor area clean.  Read the instructions given to you by the clinic.  10-13 days seems a bit long.  Perhaps other can chime in. 

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

What did your Dr suggest? A good clinic should give instructions. If not, I believe around Dat 10 you can start getting a little more aggressive. Like letting the water run over your head longer and lightly rubbing with finger tips. I believe Melvin or Ralondos has a youtube video about it if you look up their channels. 

The day 10 to 13th doesn't matter that much . It is how you remove it and how patients you are with it . In my experience it is best to soak it in baby shampoo plus baby oil for 20-30 mins and then very patiently and slowly massage/rinse it under normal water . Do not be too aggressive , be more patient when you are massaging them in the shower . 

2 hours ago, JoeMan said:

I'd say follow your clinic guidelines. Best not to deviate from their plan. Mind me asking what Dr? It is only 3 days different... Maybe they are just very conservative. 

Smile Clinic in Turkey

2 hours ago, Kashnw7hope said:

The day 10 to 13th doesn't matter that much . It is how you remove it and how patients you are with it . In my experience it is best to soak it in baby shampoo plus baby oil for 20-30 mins and then very patiently and slowly massage/rinse it under normal water . Do not be too aggressive , be more patient when you are massaging them in the shower . 

Thanks

• Administrators

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Good responses by all.  I would add that when I had scabbing I fairly aggressively massaged my head in the shower to remove the scabbing.  Because my head was still very numb from the surgery I actually scratched my head with the hardened scabs unknowingly.  It was clearly my fault in doing this but just be careful removing scabs because that anesthesia is present for quite awhile after surgery.  They will naturally fall off eventually.  As with all hair transplant procedures and expectations.....be patient.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.