What to do when you get cold feet

ES, i see where u are coming from as i was in the thread reading the arguments of FUT vs FUE. :)

I guess i m on your side as i have strip surgery done. I would not want to beat the horse again ( FUE supporters, please do not start going at it again ) however i must emphasize that u r right, a linear scar is not scary so i do not understand what the big hoo haa about linear scar is about

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wb80,

Agreed. I think the whole strip vs. FUE debate is completely meaningless and those who get caught up in it show clearly just how ignorant they are concerning HTs in general. Most of these people are trying to make a decision to get a HT based on forum research alone which to me is absurdly naive; they are lazy and want to believe that learning from forums is good enough, which IMO is NOT !!!

Of all the strip patients I have met in person the biggest non-issue was the strip scar; some had very short hair and even looking for it with a comb you could not find it. I'm sure they could shave their head and post a big close-up photo of the scar and folks around here would be crying bloody murder, but in everyday life it is completely a non-issue.

The strip vs. FUE argument is a dead horse because the wise HT patient knows that BOTH have their place! And even still these are just 2 weapons in the arsenal that you need to fight the MPB demon. They are NOT the end-all-be-all solution! The harsh truth that many gloss over is that finasteride is very likely MUCH more important than what any HT can bring to the table in the long run, but they say "I'll go FUE so that later I can throw in the towel and not have to continue on fin". This is like saying "I'll build my house next to a volcano and not bother with paying for insurance so I can just watch it get destroyed one day and throw in the towel."

The bottom line (IMO) is that if you cannot handle the finasteride then you have no business seeking a HT of any type if you have any concern for the long run. If you want to retain the option to shave your head then just shave it down now -- what is stopping you ? If you are insecure now about doing it then why do you think you will feel any different about it 5,10, or 20 years from now ? And if you get a FUE HT you will be a SLAVE for life to having to shave it down !!! Why ? Because those patches of permanent HT hair will continue to grow for the rest of your life and you will never have any other option but shaving down your head to hide them !!! :eek::D

ES, i see where u are coming from as i was in the thread reading the arguments of FUT vs FUE. :)

I guess i m on your side as i have strip surgery done. I would not want to beat the horse again ( FUE supporters, please do not start going at it again ) however i must emphasize that u r right, a linear scar is not scary so i do not understand what the big hoo haa about linear scar is about

oh wow ES, think the FUE supporters will get angry upon reading ur stuff which i feel is entirely true :)FUE has its advantages as well but i agree some of the FUE supporters here are dead against strip surgery. I always felt both have their advantages.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

The harsh truth that many gloss over is that finasteride is very likely MUCH more important than what any HT can bring to the table in the long run

Alleluia - I don't even feel a HT is practical ever without Finasteride. Even with Fin my jury is still out until I see the last 10 years results, 10-20 years from now. It's simple math. 6-7000 graphs to cover an area where 30,000+ once covered ?

The bottom line (IMO) is that if you cannot handle the finasteride then you have no business seeking a HT of any type if you have any concern for the long run. If you want to retain the option to shave your head then just shave it down now -- what is stopping you ? If you are insecure now about doing it then why do you think you will feel any different about it 5,10, or 20 years from now ? And if you get a FUE HT you will be a SLAVE for life to having to shave it down !!! Why ? Because those patches of permanent HT hair will continue to grow for the rest of your life and you will never have any other option but shaving down your head to hide them !!! :eek::D

This is making the huge assertion that finasteride even works. It does not help regrow hair in the front of the head, and it doesn't even prevent the hairline from receding. It has only been proven to slow hair loss in about 60% of users, and only at the crown. I'm not even loosing hair on my crown.

That said, I will still try it and hope it prevents some hair loss on some part of my head.

Edited by garet
put quote in italics