Is Feller most economical?

tstan

I'm very impressed by the photos I see of Dr Feller's patients. He seems to achieve results with 2000 grafts that other doctors achieve with 3500-5000 grafts. Is Feller offering the best value around? (No I don't work for him!)

I'm very impressed by the photos I see of Dr Feller's patients. He seems to achieve results with 2000 grafts that other doctors achieve with 3500-5000 grafts. Is Feller offering the best value around? (No I don't work for him!)

I am not asking rhetorically. I would like to know from the community whether Feller is most economical or if there are other skilled doctors offering similar results for the same money.

His yield is comparable to the other top doctors from the Coalition. However, i would agree with you if you compare dr. Feller's results to some of those low yield FUE result from a certain infamous FUE doctor.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a link to one of my 1,000 FUE patients in whom I rebuilt his entire hairline. There is also a video of his results posted in that link.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...683/m/6081032753/p/1

Yield is the key when in comes to FUE because the grafts can so easily be damaged. There are three reasons for this and they all relate to unique forces that act on the FUE during removal:

1. Torsion

2. Traction

3. Compression

Any clinic that pays particular attention to minimizing these three forces during FUE procedures will have consistenly higher yields than clinics that don't. To address these three forces I have invented tools and protocols that have successfully reduced the destructive effect of these forces and have enjoyed good to great FUE results for these efforts.

Glenn

If you have made the decision to have FUE, Dr. Feller has consistently provided example after example of his FUE work; not only his immediate postoperative results, but most importantly, the long term grown out patients. Also, I agree that the punches that he developed are far superior to other "standard" punches. He put a considerable amount of time into the mechanical and engineering development of an instrument that extracts the follicles with the least amount of trauma then several other punches I have used. In fact, I have several FUE cases coming up and those are the only punches I use at this point. So the bottom line is: do your research: if you decide on Dr. Feller, your in great hands.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.