Help me choose a transplant clinic/Dr. Please

2 hours ago, SoSoz said:

I think DR. Yaman just opens the implantation channels, rest is tech. Turan and Gur as far as I know do the procedure by themselves 

Exactly that is why I asked... I am under the impression that the same Doctors get reccomended...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again everyone,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you all and thanks everyone so far for your input and opinions.

i took everyones feedback seriously and got an appointment with a dermatologist to assess if I have dupa.  I was told I certainly don’t have dupa and I actually have a very thick donor area. The previous donor pics are poor quality, short hair and honestly just a crap haircut😂 

I have narrowed my options down to Dr. Yaman and Dr.Gür from fuecapilar.

- Money is a factor 

- Timing is a greater factor as I am returning to work in July and realistically I wouldn’t have another opportunity to go ahead with this procedure if I don't go for it now

- I want density and a thick hairline. 

Dr.Yaman

- €2,150

- 3,500-4,000 grafts 

- Yaman does consultation, assessment, hairline design and channel openings

- yamans team does extraction and incision 

Dr. Gür

- €2,500

- roughly 3,400+ grafts 

- Dr. Gür does consultation, hairline design, channel openings

- his team does extraction and incisions

These are my options and I would appreciate any feedback, opinions and experiences on who you think I should go with between the 2.

thanks again guys

Edited by PaddyIrishman0

23 hours ago, PaddyIrishman0 said:

Hi again everyone,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you all and thanks everyone so far for your input and opinions.

i took everyones feedback seriously and got an appointment with a dermatologist to assess if I have dupa.  I was told I certainly don’t have dupa and I actually have a very thick donor area. The previous donor pics are poor quality, short hair and honestly just a crap haircut😂 

- Money is a factor 

- Timing is a greater factor as I am returning to work in July and realistically I wouldn’t have another opportunity to go ahead with this procedure if I don't go for it now

Dr.Yaman

- €2,150

- 3,500-4,000 grafts 

Dr. Gür

- €2,500

- roughly 3,400+ grafts 

These are my options and I would appreciate any feedback, opinions and experiences on who you think I should go with between the 2.

thanks again guys

Hey,

I understand you are eager to have this done and are viewing things optimistically. It is good to be optimistic in life, but I would caution not for everything. Hair transplants are one of these things, where you must more-so prepare for worst case scenarios, because the stakes are very high.

Did the dermatologist evaluate your donor microscopically? Did he/she give you donor density estimates, give you a rough estimate as to your true safe zone regions?

If your donor is depleted / over-harvested and you progress to a high Norwood (based on your pictures, you will lose everything on top and be Norwood 6 most likely), you will not have enough grafts to cover the rest of your head. A densely packed hairline with nothing behind it will look odd.

You can still obtain a better hairline, but I am not sure that the doctors you have are the ones to do it. You really must consider ones like Dr. Bruno Feirrera, Pinto, De Freitas, Zarev, Hattingen, Dr. Pitella, etc. This is not an exhaustive list, there are more good candidates to choose from. You are not an easy case and must treat every graft more preciously than money, which you can make more of in the future. Once a graft is lost, that is permanent.

Edited by asterix0
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PaddyIrishman0 said:

@asterix0

Great reply man, I really appreciate the feedback. 
you said there are more candidates to choose from…could you give any examples? 
thanks a lot

No problem man, I just want you to have the best chance to have a good result. Trust me, a bad transplant is much worse than male pattern baldness..

Spain/Portugal: Couto, Lorenzo, Ximena, Freitas, Pinto, Ferreira

Eugenix in India are top notch, Dr. Pitella in Brazil.

HDC in Cyprus (Dr. Kyriakos Maras)

I think Dr. Saifi in Poland is also good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 9:49 PM, PaddyIrishman0 said:

Hi again everyone,

- Money is a factor 

Dr.Yaman

- €2,150

- 3,500-4,000 grafts 

Dr. Gür

- €2,500

- roughly 3,400+ grafts 

thanks again guys

In Turkey, so far I have only seen good results from Dr Bicer. Mattdominance youtuber have been to HLC which is also good but few results here that are average, not butchered but average or kinda bad.  Also just about everyone praises demirsoy, Pekiner and Keser. 

The other doctors mentioned are more expensive it seems but if they’re in range, definitely go for them. 

I personally wish to go to Bisinga, money’s not an issue but getting a visa is (I live in a crap country) so I am probably going to end up in Turkey with Bicer or HLC since they do body hair transplants and I think I will need it.