Help me choose a transplant clinic/Dr. Please

Hi all,

I'm new to this site but have been researching clinics and Drs for a few months now. I have decided that I am going to go for it and get a transplant in Turkey but lack true understanding when it comes to choosing the best option. 
From going through this site, there are some really amazing and knowledgeable helping others which is great and I was hoping you could help me out too.

From what I have gathered, the important things to look out for are:

- Clinics that overharvest donor area.

- Clinics doing over 2000 grafts in 1 sitting.

- Clinics that take more than 1 or 2 clients per day.

- Clinics that have technicians do the work as opposed to the dr/surgeon.

- Using double, triple or more hair grafts for hairline.

I am 25, have been losing hair for 5-6 years. Been on finasteride and minoxidil for 12 months and while i have seen some hairline growth it is minimal.

I am waiting to hear back from:

- Dr. Bicer

- HLC

- Dr, Keser

- Fue Capliar

- vera clinic

Honestly, the above clinics are the ones that I would like to go with as Ive heard the best. things about them

I have also received offers from a number of other clinics (I have attached a screenshot below) but have heard contrasting things about them. I wanted an idea generally of what clinic’s approach was before contacting the clinics i listed first.

Any advice on any of these clinics would be massively appreciated.

I genuinely would just like some advice and direction on this because despite researching this myself I am a complete novice and want to make the right decision.

If there is any other information you need in order to help, just ask. Also, if I am wrong in any of the points I’ve made please let me know.

Thanks in advance guys, I really appreciate it!

51DF1011-96BA-42D0-A17E-E39D104B65C8.jpeg

1E64D274-49DF-4111-8C03-0DD2C3BBAD4B.jpeg

B75A6CF9-F5F6-4AAF-8980-54581C1F1F3D.jpeg

194FC1A3-1A9D-4042-835D-3C2EE02C4905.jpeg

9982AE2E-D87C-414F-9D8A-714B13F20029.jpeg

DE604C27-A576-48D4-B13E-7A2E26359B8B.jpeg

B1C3C973-6157-4DA0-B511-BDBD5E951BAF.jpeg

AE583240-5DB8-466D-93C5-F764AD682136.jpeg

76E70A67-4116-4B42-A980-3E7C84B200AB.jpeg

3B5D9B59-964A-4E47-9003-9E742E4EB0F9.jpeg

41337005-FBAD-434D-823A-1256075C5F7F.jpeg

33BF0376-E00A-4A5E-A8FE-0CF053A0D344.png

72FBBE8E-56F5-48D9-97D6-B7C9D4096452.png

8B3BBD8C-DFD0-4C8B-B1D6-A2C99ACEADF1.png

You have quite clear ideas, in the sense that you have mentioned enough things to be careful about when choosing the clinic for your transplant, as for the surgeons / clinics you mentioned, apart from Vera Clinic, they are all great options, forget it. those listed in the screen shots, but I want to ask you a question: Why Turkey and not Europe where there are excellent surgeons?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe most places - the techs do the work in terms of placing new hairs. The surgeons extract hair via FUT or FUE and then make the appropriate incisions

Edited by baldiee
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like you are doing good detailed research. HLC and Dr. Biçer appear to put out good work. 

Are you picking Turkey solely for price? I think some other Dr's in Europe would be better options. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@JoeMan

Thanks for the feedback.

I honestly just assumed Turkey was the best place to go but I assume I’m wrong in that.

Price is a factor but I would be open to paying a bit more if it was worth it.

Have you any recommendations? What countries/clinics/drs to check out?

thanks a lot

Just for reference Dr. Biçer is 2€ per graft, Dr. Pinto is 2.6€, Dr. Ferreira is 3€, Dr. De Freitas is 3.5€ 1st 1000 grafts then 2.5€ afterwards. Dr. Bisanga is either 4€ or 5€ (I think he just raised his price?) Plus a VAT. 

While they are all more expensive, I think they are all better Dr's. This is obviously subjective so you need to do your research and select the Dr that fits for you. If I was you I'd highly consider Dr. De Freitas. He seems to always give a full youthful hairline. 

All of the top Dr's have about a year waiting list. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eugenix is another option. Not sure about pricing but they have different plans to fit different budgets. Obviously more money gets you the better service and Dr's. 

Do searches on the forum for the Dr's listed my me and @Egy and read through real person reviews.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PaddyIrishman0 said:

Ive heard some good things about FueCapilar and smile hair clinic, what are your thoughts on these?

I don't have much of an opinion on them. I've heard Dr. Turin at Fuecapilar does good work, but if you can afford it, and I'm sure most would agree that a Dr like Dr. De Freitas is just on a different level. 

• Like 1

The truth is that you are still very young with rather aggressive hair loss. If I was you I'd leave the crown area alone for now and focus on the frontal area. I'd say with 2500 to 3000 grafts you can see quite a difference in your appearance. If you use up too many grafts now, you won't have any for future hair loss. I can't really tell but your donor area looks diffuse in some pictures but not in another so take this into consideration if it is thin. Pulling hair from it will further thin the appearance. Longer hair styles can mask this some. I'd be cautious about a Dr wanting to go with much more than 3k grafts since to me it looks like you maybe have 6-7K available. Of course it could just be the pictures making your hair look thin?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Never choose a clinic because they’re cheap, go by results first, then see who’s in your budget. Use our list as a starting point for research 

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

some of the best in Europe are reasonably priced, you may just need to save up a little. Better to save and do it right, then regret it later and pay more to get repaired.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi 

Im not a Doctor but im not so sure about your donor ..i think you might have a touch of DUPA going on ..have you had an in person live consultation with a Surgeon ?

Edited by Zoomster
  • Like 1

Given your age, level of loss, and quality of donor (from the photos provided) . . . I would be steering clear of a hair transplant at the moment, and certainly of any doctors who would agree to perform a surgery on you. 

Read around this forum for a few weeks, gather an idea of the top surgeons in areas that you are able to travel to, and I would advise you to go for an in person consultation to have a thorough trichoscopic analysis. 

You might not have a lot of SULT1A enzymes in your scalp which is why you’re not seeing much growth from minoxidil. Look into dermarolling/dermastamping and it should make all the difference.

Get the transplant, as long as you’re not losing ground the finasteride is working

Edited by bloodhound

It looks like you have some dupa around the scalp. Meaning your donor could potentially be exposed to further thinning. So, if you were to have a hair transplant it could potentially be susceptible to further dht (or further mpb loss). I am not sure what dermatologists in your area look like, but if you havent already seen one I would ask about having a test. Maybe have some genetic tests if youre in europe, i think theres something called a trichotest that tests your genetic mutations and genes to see what medications or treatments work best for you. I think in the UK this costs like 70 euros. 

PRP, microneedling, and SMP could also be options you could consider. These arent permanent solutions but perhaps other options you could explore if a hair transplant is not viable.

If finasteride isnt working consult with your doctor about dutasteride 0.5mg 

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 6:30 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Never choose a clinic because they’re cheap, go by results first, then see who’s in your budget. Use our list as a starting point for research 

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

some of the best in Europe are reasonably priced, you may just need to save up a little. Better to save and do it right, then regret it later and pay more to get repaired.

Is DR. Yaman a valid option still? More than DR Turan & DR Gur? 

53 minutes ago, Chilifight said:

Is DR. Yaman a valid option still? More than DR Turan & DR Gur? 

I think DR. Yaman just opens the implantation channels, rest is tech. Turan and Gur as far as I know do the procedure by themselves