Significant sun exposure day BEFORE hair transplant

I made my HT few days ago but I am concerned because just the day before the surgery I was walking in the sun for three hours and my receptor area became slightly red, almost nothing.
The next day, day of surgery, the Dr did not pay attention to it and He proceeded with the surgery without hesitation.

During the surgery it was not any complications: I did not bleed too much… and the days post surgery everything is going according to what it is expected. 

Could the sun exposure I had the day before surgery affect negatively the outcome of the HT?.

OP, i think you're worrying too much and until something actually happens, just concentrate on following post-op care instructions and you should be fine. 

The human body was designed to stand a little walk around for a few hours. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tamagochihandler said:

The next day, day of surgery, the Dr did not pay attention to it and He proceeded with the surgery without hesitation.

Given you researched your surgeon well beforehand, this should relieve any worries you may have.  

Yes, I researched well beforehand but even the best professionals may overlook some important factors sometimes and have bad cases.

Hopefully it will not be my case and everything will be fine but I would like to read opinions and/or having feedbacks about recipient sun exposure just before the hair transplant. If this could affect and how.

Thanks.

Yep, SeanToman is spot on...the grafts are seated into the underlying dermis layer where the blood supply exists...so, the concern of acute sunburn is post-op potentially affecting the grafts.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Feel free to post your progress pics.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

The real issue is preventing sunburn by protecting the scalp.

Gillenator

• 10 months later...