Need help! Was I scammed? Does this look like a 4000graft FUT?

MB297

I recently got a 4000 graft fut procedure done. I was consulting other surgeons for a following session next year, one of them said it was a job poorly done. Based on your experience what are your thoughts?

Also my surgeon said not all grafts are visible as some sit deep in the skin. Is this true? Really need the opinion of people who have gone through the same process.

The surgery was completed in 4hours, with 3 technicians, is this possible?

20220306_171900.jpg

20220304_021900_HDR(1).jpg

20220304_021902.jpg

• Sad 2

Approximately 1250 at first look… And maybe that’s being generous. The blood trickle on your scalp is most likely a lost graft. Please tell us which chain clinic or hair mill this was. And please can you show us the donor area? Thanks 🙏 And I’m sorry they took you for a ride. Was it all done by the techs? Or did the “Dr” do the FUT and incisions?

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Did the clinic give you a graft breakdown? They possibly gave you mini-grafts which has multiple hairs per unit. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, MB297 said:

No they did not give me a graft breakdown. They said they were able to extract 3980 grafts.

I paid $7000 for it.

Was it a Bosley/chain clinic? 4 hours is nowhere near enough time to implant 4K, and they definitely didn’t. It’s around the figure I mentioned. The FUT itself looks fine though. Please do name the clinic 🙏 The Dr should have been doing the incisions here. 

• Like 1

It wasn't a chain clinic, it was more of a mom and pop kind of clinic, that's why I trusted them more. I have a few more follow-up appointments so don't want to give their name until I finish those.

What's done is done, how do I move forward with this? Will a second session next year with a more reputable doctor fix the damage? 

• Like 1

It wasn't a chain clinic, it was more of a mom and pop kind of clinic, that's why I trusted them more. I have a few more follow-up appointments so don't want to give their name until I finish those.

What's done is done, how do I move forward with this? Will a second session next year with a more reputable doctor fix the damage? 

Yes for sure. Look at it this way, they have not actually taken anywhere near the amount of grafts they said. So it will actually leave you with more for a future procedure. And you now can be helped/guided to someone who is a decent/elite choice. Depending on where your living and how far your prepared to travel. 
When you say follow ups, is this just to assess progress? I hope your not doing any PRP with them? And please don’t under any circumstances consider going back for ht no2. You do now have the option of another FUT or moving on to FUE.

• Like 2

Did they actually do a bad job or just placed fewer grafts than what they qouted? Is the transplant in itself fine if we ignore the number of quoted grafts?

It’s not a well designed hairline, and the grafts are way to spaced out to make much of a aesthetic difference. And that blood trickle shows a lost graft most likely. But it’s something that can be built upon. I would be interested to see your pre op pics ? Thanks 🙏 

• Like 2

This is very sad, i wonder what did they do with rest of grafts from that strip? Since any average Fut strip has at minimum 3k  grafts, the pic above shows like 600-900 implants, did they just throw away rest of grafts?

Edited by civic
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, civic said:

This is very sad, i wonder what did they do with rest of grafts from that strip? Since any average Fut strip has at minimum 3k  grafts, the pic above shows like 600-900 implants, did they just throw away rest of grafts?

I’m thinking around 1500/1750 FUT strip. My FUTs were around the 2k and took a day for each. 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

How this clinic could charge you for 4000 grafts is beyond anything that is logical and/or ethical in my opinion. Hopefully the grafts at least grow and give you start or foundation from which you can build from in future procedures. Hate to say it, but this will definitely not be a one and done for you, but if it all grows, at least you will have something to work with for additional procedures. 

Do not let them convince you on a "make good procedure" even if it's for free. You have a limited supply of donor and that should be treated like gold for you. 

Do your research on this forum, find the right clinic, and make it right for yourself on the 2nd go around. We are here to support you in your efforts, so let's see how it all progresses.

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 3

The follow ups are to assess progress and take off the stitches. 

How many more fut procedures can I get from here on?

How much did you pay for the 4000fut procedure and where?

Well lesson learnt the hard way, once my stitches come off I am done with them and never going back. 

Added is my preop picture.

IMG-20220113-WA0000.jpg

Depends on how your donor looks grown out, I see a Norwood 6/7 pattern so definitely needs someone skilled in maximising your remaining grafts… how is your beard ? Usually a good/plentiful source in us higher Norwoods.. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Have you requested the graft break down?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I would ask for a refund, or get a quote from an elite surgeon and ask this clinic to pay the difference. You may honestly want to get a lawyer if they fight you. 

I normally would never suggest getting a lawyer or asking a previous clinic to pay for a future repair, but sorry to say this seems particularly egregious and the doctor HAD to have known he was undercounting you. 

There really is no excuse for this poor of a result. 

This is 100% human error (or willful deception at worst). Hopefully the clinic doesn't attribute this to some weird physiological response, bc that is total BS. 

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 2

I haven't requested a graft breakdown.

I would like to move on with my life, I think I can't do much either because they made me sign a bunch of legal waivers saying that not all the grafts will be visible some of them will be in the skin blah blah blah.