Clomid & Hair Loss - HELP!

I've been on clomid for only 19 days before I decided to stop after noticing some hair in my shower drain. It wasnt a lot but it was enough to warrant a discontinuation. The reason for this medication was to increase my testosterone level which was low.

Do you think that whatever hairs I lost will grow back considering that I stopped taking clomid?

Edited by dtap

There is no way I'd be blaming Clomid after just nineteen days. It's just not enough time to increase your testosterone to such a degree that the DHT byproduct is raised for long enough to impact your hair follicles.

If you actually have low testosterone, you should talk to a doctor and have blood work done to check your levels, if you haven't already. Low testosterone itself can cause hair loss and an array of other health issues for men.

Yes that can happen, that is called anagen effluvium and some medications can trigger it major hairloss in just days/weeks, clomid is one of them.

Now that you stopped the meds the hair for sure will regrow, it will take 5-6 months before you look ok and 10months to be close to fully recovered

• Like 1

• Administrators

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t clomid an aromatase inhibitor? Generally, this is used as post-cycle therapy (PCT) for those who do a cycle anabolic steroids. Are you on TRT? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 3/8/2022 at 8:44 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t clomid an aromatase inhibitor? Generally, this is used as post-cycle therapy (PCT) for those who do a cycle anabolic steroids. Are you on TRT? 

It is a SERM. Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator. It is used off label for TRT as it increases your testosterone. Benefit of using clomid would be it keeps your Pituitary active, and its your "own" testosterone. Fertility is maintained.