Nizoral - need help to choose

• Raymond92 changed the title to Nizoral - need help to choose
3 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

I always like to make use of 2% for effectiveness, plus also my dandruff can be a bit agressive so its double the strenght.

does this mean that 2% is also more effective for hair loss?

I watched some videos on Youtube and all I saw was the 1% version that people use :)

2 minutes ago, Raymond92 said:

does this mean that 2% is also more effective for hair loss?

I watched some videos on Youtube and all I saw was the 1% version that people use :)

Honestly there shouldnt be much difference, its just one percent less. I think they should share similar effects overall, just bear in mind that Nizoral is the third of the "Big 3" treatments out there so for hair loss so Finasteride and/or Minoxidil should be tried first.

• Like 1

Just now, TheGreatPretender said:

Honestly there shouldnt be much difference, its just one percent less. I think they should share similar effects overall, just bear in mind that Nizoral is the third of the "Big 3" treatments out there so for hair loss so Finasteride and/or Minoxidil should be tried first.

Thank you for your replies :)

• Like 1

I just checked the one I use. Ketoconazole is the active ingredient. Mine is 20mg, which is where the 2% comes from.

I've noticed a big difference is price for the Nizoral product, so worth shopping around and buying multiple units at discount.

The 2% is the one usually recommended as part of the routine. Nizoral is mildly effective as an Anti-Androgen at best but studies that did involve the Ketoconazole i think showed 2% as being effective enough to opt for it.