How to achieve this hairline?

How many grafts would I need and how much would this cost? I have a before and after picture below of my desired hairline. What would be the best doctor to do it correctly in the SoCal or NorCal area? As you can see it would big improvement (I think)

DA854631-9A58-47D4-9116-F439DE41C4CA.jpeg

Edited by Landon

You've got a very difficult before and after picture to judge on because it looks well shopped lol. 

If i had to guess you're looking to close in the temporal angles but it's difficult to say whether the 2nd picture also has a lowered hairline. Use the link above posted and get them to consult you with your hairline goals in mind. 

That said, are you currently on any medication and what's your general family history of hair loss?

Yes! it’s only the temporal angles I need closed.

I do think it lowered my hairline but only in the temporal region not the middle. I think it added hair in the middle just slightly. The middle of my hair is low enough. Basically I’m losing hair just like my dad did in the same region too. He’s 50 and basically has my hairline but his hair is way thinner then mine due to his age. No I’m not on any medications.

21 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

You've got a very difficult before and after picture to judge on because it looks well shopped lol. 

If i had to guess you're looking to close in the temporal angles but it's difficult to say whether the 2nd picture also has a lowered hairline. Use the link above posted and get them to consult you with your hairline goals in mind. 

That said, are you currently on any medication and what's your general family history of hair loss?

I do think it lowered my hairline but only in the temporal region not the middle. I think it added hair in the middle just slightly. The middle of my hair is low enough. Basically I’m losing hair just like my dad did in the same region too. He’s 50 and basically has my hairline but his hair is way thinner then mine due to his age. No I’m not on any medications.

1 hour ago, Landon said:

You should consider medication like Finasteride to help preserve what you have even with your current hair loss looking stable. Maybe 1mg 3x a week. 

Long term if the hair receded further without medication you will likely need to use more grafts but medication could mitigate that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Landon said:

Basically I’m losing hair just like my dad did in the same region too. He’s 50

if your dad is only 50 I'm 99% certain you are too young to get a hair transplant. 

Also, your Before/After model had such negligible hairloss to begin with. 

If you currently look like the 'Before', I encourage you to try to accept and live with such mild, benign NW 2 loss. 

I'm not seeing a rational risk/reward ratio for your situation. 

14 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

if your dad is only 50 I'm 99% certain you are too young to get a hair transplant. 

Also, your Before/After model had such negligible hairloss to begin with. 

If you currently look like the 'Before', I encourage you to try to accept and live with such mild, benign NW 2 loss. 

I'm not seeing a rational risk/reward ratio for your situation. 

Well I’m 27 years old, I’m not really concerned with going bald I just think the way my hairline has receded for the last 6-7 years makes my appearance look strange. It’s more of a aesthetic type of thing. There is just such a difference in my face shape in the after compared to the before!

80D9BBD6-7440-4F79-AEEB-ED0AD51B0F2F.jpeg

Edited by Landon

8 minutes ago, Landon said:

Well I’m 27 years old, I’m not really concerned with going bald I just think the way my hairline has receded for the last 6-7 years makes my appearance look strange. It’s more of a aesthetic type of thing. There is just such a difference in my face in the after compared to the before!

80D9BBD6-7440-4F79-AEEB-ED0AD51B0F2F.jpeg

Your temporal areas receding happens with age and to mitigate it you need to be on Finasteride to slow/halt the progression further. Even if you got a hair transplant, because you're only 27, there's a high likelihood it will progress in the next decade without medication and you will end up needing a 2nd procedure. 

Looks like you want pretty small amount of work.  I think 1,000 grafts would do it certainly.  Maybe less.  Depends how much temporal work you want.

Edited by Fue3361
  • Thanks 1

Check out my journey here: