Dr. Konior FUE Experience ~ 2000 Grafts

• Administrators

Work looks pristine 👌

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 3/11/2022 at 6:01 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Work looks pristine 👌

It’s looking super good as it is growing in, especially his attention to detail in matching the direction of the implanted hairs in the temples and points to match in with existing.  

2 week update:

Things are coming along very well.  No shedding yet. I did have a lot of itchiness over the past several weeks, but that has pretty much resolved.   I also had some tenderness at the back of my head.  Not sure if that was from the punches, or just from me constantly rubbing my shaved head.  But that has pretty much resolved now too.  

Dr Konior said I could wear a hat after 1 week so I’ve been doing that at times, although I’ve been going out more and more like this.  Also, I’ve started the minoxidil foam in the morning and at night.  

Here are some updated pics:

DE4E575F-59FB-40E5-A749-288ADC32BCEF.jpeg

A02EDFC7-9571-457F-8C30-E1E5646F0A60.jpeg

F837DA5B-FCBB-4AF4-8A5E-5DAA5605DE34.jpeg

1E9CF467-4DC4-45F0-8259-1CFEFEC2B15A.jpeg

1A743C76-79A0-4621-BC5E-332B938BCBC8.jpeg

5 hours ago, BuellerBueller said:

Thanks for the follow up pics.  Have you had any shedding yet?  The back of your head has filled in nicely and quickly!  

Yeah, it just hit in the past few days.  So praying for new growth soon!

7 hours ago, Bradley787 said:

Yeah, it just hit in the past few days.  So praying for new growth soon!

At least you can feel good knowing this is part of the post-op process. By the end of the Summer you’ll be getting excited again (as will we…ha). 

3 week update:

The shed has hit hard in the past few days. The timing kind of sucks as I’m on vacation with a lot of other families.  I flew out here with a head full of hair and I had recut it with the clippers to match in the length.  I was kind of digging the cropped look.  But I’ll be flying home without a head full of hair.  :)  

No symptoms now and all the itching has subsided (mostly).  I don’t think I damaged any grafts.  So now the wait is on.  

I never really had any crusting or scabbing.  I don’t know if I was lucky, or if this speaks to Dr. K’s work.  I’m assuming the later.  

Pics below. I don’t think the redness is as bad as it appears in some of the pics as I was adjusting the settings on the pics try and make things as clear as possible.  

A872B4AF-DD80-4766-BC11-6C321AC808B6.jpeg

C4C34D9C-B258-4389-8E1E-F61E91DA5B27.jpeg

7175FB8F-A66C-4903-A0EA-A9E50C9005A7.jpeg

Edited by Bradley787
  • Like 2

There is never a "good time" for this.  I have a beach vacation scheduled 7 weeks post-op with family, kid's and kid's friends.  I expect I'll be in the full ugly duckling phase looking balder than ever with the buzz cut.  Gotta just stand tall and be proud of what we're doing! I would've been wearing a hat poolside anyway, so what's the difference? LOL 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bradley787 said:

3 week update:

The shed has hit hard in the past few days. The timing kind of sucks as I’m on vacation with a lot of other families.  I flew out here with a head full of hair and I had recut it with the clippers to match in the length.  I was kind of digging the cropped look.  But I’ll be flying home without a head full of hair.  :)  

No symptoms now and all the itching has subsided (mostly).  I don’t think I damaged any grafts.  So now the wait is on.  

I never really had any crusting or scabbing.  I don’t know if I was lucky, or if this speaks to Dr. K’s work.  I’m assuming the later.  

Pics below. I don’t think the redness is as bad as it appears in some of the pics as I was adjusting the settings on the pics try and make things as clear as possible.  

A872B4AF-DD80-4766-BC11-6C321AC808B6.jpeg

C4C34D9C-B258-4389-8E1E-F61E91DA5B27.jpeg

7175FB8F-A66C-4903-A0EA-A9E50C9005A7.jpeg

Looking good. How apparent would you say your redness is relative to the rest of your body! 

On 3/22/2022 at 11:30 AM, stephcurry30 said:

Looking good. How apparent would you say your redness is relative to the rest of your body! 

Not too bad. I think it’s a little more apparent in those pics as I was playing with the settings to try and make it more clear.  The outline is definitely there and noticeable, but not too bad at all.  

• 3 weeks later...

That’s going to be a great result, looks fantastic! I have a question for you, I’m planning on traveling to Chicago from Mi. For a HT with Dr. Nadimi, wondering how many days you think I need to plan on staying in Chicago, also I’m debating on driving or Flying, drive time would be around 5.5 hours min depending on stops and traffic, any recommendations? 

5 hours ago, Chetman2112 said:

That’s going to be a great result, looks fantastic! I have a question for you, I’m planning on traveling to Chicago from Mi. For a HT with Dr. Nadimi, wondering how many days you think I need to plan on staying in Chicago, also I’m debating on driving or Flying, drive time would be around 5.5 hours min depending on stops and traffic, any recommendations? 

I got in the night before the procedure.  On the 2nd day after the procedure, I had an in office follow up and then headed home afterwards.  I had the same drive time.  Personally, it was nice not having to deal with being in public.  I wouldn’t have wanted to sit right next to someone on a plane.  

On 4/13/2022 at 12:00 AM, Calihome1 said:

Did you end up finding out the final count of grafts?

Yes.  Here it is:

1’s – 207

2’s – 1187

3’s – 671

Total – 2065.

Given how everything looked after surgery, I thought there would actually be more grafts.  But Dr Konior always seems to get incredible coverage with lower graft counts.  

23 hours ago, Bradley787 said:

Yes.  Here it is:

1’s – 207

2’s – 1187

3’s – 671

Total – 2065.

Given how everything looked after surgery, I thought there would actually be more grafts.  But Dr Konior always seems to get incredible coverage with lower graft counts.  

I can’t believe only 2k to cover that entire area.  I would think it would take 3k at least. 

Would some of the vets comment about the number of 1’s used?  Thought 1’s were needed for the hairline and is 207 enough?

On 4/18/2022 at 9:50 PM, Calihome1 said:

I can’t believe only 2k to cover that entire area.  I would think it would take 3k at least. 

Would some of the vets comment about the number of 1’s used?  Thought 1’s were needed for the hairline and is 207 enough?

I can’t wait till I start getting some real growth back, but this is how it looked before the shed.  Darn near perfect to me. 

1864C85A-6FA9-4E66-BEAF-510960D7A5E0.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 5:58 AM, Bradley787 said:

I can’t wait till I start getting some real growth back, but this is how it looked before the shed.  Darn near perfect to me. 

Just found your journey!  Your hair looks great.  Congrats.  

I'm 1 month behind you with Dr. Konior - my surgery was mid-April.  So thanks for the preview of what's to come 🙂

Also, your natural hair seems to grow super fast!  Since the recipient area is still your own follicles, it should come back in no time!

Just documenting the journey.  Yesterday was two months since the HT.  As expected, not much happening except a small portion of hairs growing.  The wait now is worse than the original wait for the surgery.  Hopefully I’ll be one of the lucky ones with some growth really happening around month 3.   

949848D2-4300-4880-8287-1D76E57BDFC7.jpeg

3077ACA8-B47D-4D84-A2D6-1CEE8C9BBBCE.jpeg

EC205CD6-E74F-4287-A870-D5436768A8C0.jpeg

Edited by Bradley787

On 5/5/2022 at 7:35 PM, Bradley787 said:

Yesterday was two months since the HT.  Not much happening except a small portion of hairs growing.  The wait now is worse than the original wait for the surgery.  I’m hoping things will be much more progresses by month 3.

949848D2-4300-4880-8287-1D76E57BDFC7.jpeg

3077ACA8-B47D-4D84-A2D6-1CEE8C9BBBCE.jpeg

EC205CD6-E74F-4287-A870-D5436768A8C0.jpeg

Tough times indeed. Just a few more months and you should start seeing the magic. You went to one of the best so there’s really nothing to worry about. Try to enjoy the ride!

Konior is considered the GOAT on this forum. 

In addition to that, your hairloss is very mild...

Looks like you have a bit of recession and still a perfectly virgin and strong crown and midscalp.

If you are on Finasteride, then I am 99% positive this is going to be a great outcome. 

2 hours ago, What is your agenda here said:

Konior is considered the GOAT on this forum. 

In addition to that, your hairloss is very mild...

Looks like you have a bit of recession and still a perfectly virgin and strong crown and midscalp.

If you are on Finasteride, then I am 99% positive this is going to be a great outcome. 

Yes, just given how the procedure went, how I felt immediately afterwards and the initial look, I could not be more pleased with my decision to go with Dr Konior.  I got a haircut yesterday, and my barber was commenting about how the donor area was impeccable.  She said she can still often tell a HT when she’s up close combing through the donor area as there are often small variances in density from not being harvested equally.    But she said mine was impeccable.  

I know I’ve got a few more months before anything noteworthy starts happening.  Just super excited to get there and really see things start taking off, and figured I’d document monthly.  

Edited by Bradley787