Sleeping after FUE / Showering / Scab removal

At what point did you all gain the confidence to sleep without concern again? I know they say day 8 and beyond is when the transplanted hairs shouldn’t dislodge any longer, but is there really no risk at all for sleeping like normal again after this time? I’m on day 9 and the scabs have yet to come off. I suppose I’m wondering when and how I should… 

1. Remove the scabs (is allowing conditioner to sit on them okay for this?) 

2. When is it appropriate to sleep as I did prior to my procedure, on my side and stomach again, where there may be high friction with the recipient area (recipient area is at the hairline and just beyond; zones 1-2)

3. And my final question is, if all the grafts are secured by day 8, why is it often recommended not to shower and allow the water to hit your recipient area until day 13?

thank you to all who answer. I’ve been posting a ton lately, so just really looking for the help that it seems only those here can provide!

regards.

• Administrators

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

We always advocate that patients follow their own surgeons post-op care instructions...most provide them in writing...didn't you receive them?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY