Finasteride "Ball Pain"

bobbleboy

5 hours ago, futureresearch said:

For me the ball pain goes away even with continued use of finasteride. I think it is one of those things that occurs when your body first gets used to it. How long have you been on?

@futureresearchSo I've been on it for about 3 years. It was recently, within the last 2 or 3 months, that I started going down in the dosage (because of sexual sides) and am now off it altogether. Hoping the ache subsides. It's not unbearable, I'm just VERY aware of my perineum haha. 
But also congruent to this feeling has been frequent urination. So I'm a little concerned that my prostate or something just enlarged as a reaction to going off Fin. 

If you have pain in your testicle area for a prolonged period, whether taking finasteride or not, you should be going to a doctor and making sure its not something serious. Many things can cause that and they're completely unrelated to finasteride, like cancer, STDs, kidney stones, etc 

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/symptoms/16292-testicular-pain

54 minutes ago, bobbleboy said:

@futureresearchSo I've been on it for about 3 years. It was recently, within the last 2 or 3 months, that I started going down in the dosage (because of sexual sides) and am now off it altogether. Hoping the ache subsides. It's not unbearable, I'm just VERY aware of my perineum haha. 
But also congruent to this feeling has been frequent urination. So I'm a little concerned that my prostate or something just enlarged as a reaction to going off Fin. 

Ahh I see, you’ve been on it for a while. It takes a couple of months for symptoms to subside once you get off I hear, which has been the case when I come off fin too. Definitely is a good idea to let a doc know just in case but it will most likely subside in time along with a reduction in other sexual sides.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, futureresearch said:

Ahh I see, you’ve been on it for a while. It takes a couple of months for symptoms to subside once you get off I hear, which has been the case when I come off fin too. Definitely is a good idea to let a doc know just in case but it will most likely subside in time along with a reduction in other sexual sides.

Thanks for the feedback @futureresearch. So to clarify, these ball ache symptoms didn't begin until I started going down, and ultimately off fin altogether. Prior to that the sides were just a general low libido and lessened sensation in the groin area. 
Did you ever have the ache or any of the symptoms START when you went off fin?

On 2/25/2022 at 5:31 PM, bobbleboy said:

Thanks for the feedback @futureresearch. So to clarify, these ball ache symptoms didn't begin until I started going down, and ultimately off fin altogether. Prior to that the sides were just a general low libido and lessened sensation in the groin area. 
Did you ever have the ache or any of the symptoms START when you went off fin?

I don’t think I’ve had it while going off.