Oral Minoxidil before Hair Transplant

stephcurry30

I have a HT planned in 2023 but also just got a prescription for Oral Minoxidil recently. Should I start taking this medication now or will the doctor require for me to pause the medication right before the surgery? Worried that I will get the initial dredded shed phase and also be required to pause the medication right before the procedure which would lose all my progress I have made on oral minoxidil. 

For reference, I have been on finasteride and dutasitirde for a number of years now and have stabilized my hair loss. 

who is your doctor?

I personally have found Rogaine ineffective in doing anything. I stopped it altogether when I got my 1st HT. I'd rather go hardcore and get new grafts implanted in the area, instead of doing the Rogaine rain dance and hoping a few baby hairs will sprout 🤣

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

who is your doctor?

I personally have found Rogaine ineffective in doing anything. I stopped it altogether when I got my 1st HT. I'd rather go hardcore and get new grafts implanted in the area, instead of doing the Rogaine rain dance and hoping a few baby hairs will sprout 🤣

Topical was ineffective for me as well. I'm going to jump on oral minoxidil to see if it is but want to confirm it it might be a better idea to hold off until my hair transplant so my doctor can accurate fill in with terminal hairs instead of minoxidil ones. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

Topical was ineffective for me as well. I'm going to jump on oral minoxidil to see if it is but want to confirm it it might be a better idea to hold off until my hair transplant so my doctor can accurate fill in with terminal hairs instead of minoxidil ones. 

sounds like a good plan

9 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

Topical is bad. Been using oral now in almost 6 month and really good result with it :) So i recommend it. But i guess probably you should use DHT blocker such as fin or DUT before the transplant and start with oral after the transplant