laser product?

jkp33

Hi friends,

I just seen a laser you can buy for about 550.00 dollars. Any thoughts based on experience?

Me: in my 40's and balding for years, but not shiney bald but certainly balding. Have had transplants that have helped some and currently use dermatch.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wanthairs

jkp33

If you want you can buy mine for $200.

However in all honesty I would say it did nothign for me and I bought it when I was gullible and desperate, before I started reading this forum. The only thing that has ever worked was a surgical procedure from hasson and Wong.

From what I know, there has never been any properly documented success with the laser comb. After reading this---think twice !!!

I read a study somewhere 2 yrs ago, and while I can't remember details, it reported that women who combined minoxidil with the laser comb showed growth. The only reason I remember reading that report was because I bought a "home grown" laser comb and only later read the negative things about the comb. Then soon after found that study showing some improvement.

But I don't remember seeing any significance on my own head as my hair continued to thin.

I used the lasercomb for about 4 and a half months now, and I've noticed no difference, rather my hair has receded even more and I'm only 23!

I started proscar today actually... going to use the comb for the full 5 months trial tho.

Originally posted by SharpTooth:

I read a study somewhere 2 yrs ago, and while I can't remember details, it reported that women who combined minoxidil with the laser comb showed growth.

Sharp, this makes a lot of sense. See, Minoxidil has been proved quite conclusively to work for regrowing hair. The laser comb, on the other hand, has been approved by the FDA under the "doesn't make things worse and works like something we already approved before" clause. Therefore, a study where a person uses the laser comb in conjunction with minoxidil doesn't prove jack about the laser comb. It's like claiming that doing push-ups regrows hair because someone did them every morning while using minoxidil.

I disagree. Laser work. My guess is why so many people on here don't think the laser works is because they don't use it properly. When used as directed the comb works. I was about to throw mine back to lexington, but I noticed small hairs growing in on my temples.

So, use the comb religiously- and don't overdo it, just use it however it's sposed to be used (10-15 max a week) but keep it the same ALWAYS! otherwise you'll just keep going through shedding periods and think it isn't working. When in actuality if your hair loss is minor, it'll work. It has begun to work for me (took 4 months to notice change, im excited to see how my hair will look in a year!)