NW6 FUE@Eugenix or FUT+FUE@Medispa ?

Hi,

My question is about whether to go for FUE@Eugenix or FUT+FUE@Medispa to get good density.

Background:

I’m a NW 6/7, 37M, Indian origin, genetic MPB in family. I got my 1st HT (~2200 grafts, FUT) about 9 yrs ago  at Dr. Pathuri Madhu hair center, Hyderabad. I was very happy with the results at the time and till many years after. Recently, I started losing hair again and it now got to a point where it’s not manageable. I tried to go the shaven route, but it didn’t look good on me( 5’8’’, skinny) especially with the FUT scar so got some smp done to cover the fut scar and went back to long hair with concealer(toppik) when going out.

I’m considering another HT to regain the lost density now. Not to sound greedy, but expecting at least decent density especially in front and mid areas and options for future proofing since my donor area might be limited. Mine might be a mega session, so narrowed it down to few choices in India, depending on expertise and cost for large sessions as well as knowledge of indian hair types:

(1) FUE with Eugenix

(2) FUT+FUE with Medispa with Dr. Soni

Eugenix suggested FUE with nearly 4300 grafts(2000 for front+mid, 2300 for crown). Medispa/Dr.Soni does FUT+FUE and suggested approx 4000 grafts just for front+mid area, another session for crown after 1 year. I have reasonably good beard, so thats an option in the future.

Eugenix is very expensive and they use FUE exclusively so I’m worried about getting back full density and loss of donor area in future, whereas with FUT+FUE(Medispa), though it’s certainly cheaper relatively, I’m concerned about the possibility of large FUT scars as seen in some reviews here and also the need to wait for two transplants i.e. including the crown one in 1 yr.

Questions I’m thinking about are:

(1) which HT to go with for my case i.e. with a possible NW 6/7 ?

(2) I’m currently deciding between Eugenix/Medispa, any other clinics that are recommended ?

(3) Anyone here explored hair systems(wigs with/without HT) in case of not enough donor supply?

And lastly, thanks to everyone here, this forum is so helpful and I’d have no idea how to gather this information without it. I’ve learnt a lot from all the past experiences and discussions.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

IMG_0948.jpeg

IMG_0950.jpeg

IMG_0952.jpeg

IMG_0953.jpeg

IMG_0954.jpeg

IMG_0956.jpeg

IMG_0959.jpeg

IMG_0961.jpeg

IMG_0962.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-28 at 1.14.47 AM (2).jpeg

PXL_20210814_131532897.thumb.jpg.e54f69cf73d1e5132ee34dcbedd7e997.jpg

Edited by sunny_hairbeast
added scar from HT1

I would go with Eugenix because they have shown numerous times that they can achieve more with less. I also like Dr. Suneet Soni's work. But I've also seen failed cases from his clinic that don't surface out. Also, do mind that his FUT scars stretch out with time which can be problem. You cannot trust any other clinic in India over Eugenix when it comes to yield. They just blow everyone out of the picture. I believe they can give you what you need without compromising your donor resources for future and without needing to go the FUT route. 

Edited by Drish
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Drish said:

... I've also seen failed cases from his clinic that don't surface out. Also, do mind that his FUT scars stretch out with time which can be problem. You cannot trust any other clinic in India over Eugenix when it comes to yield. ...

Yeah I have this concern about FUT since my 1st scar was pretty big(compared to what I thought it would be) and had to do SMP to cover it. FUE definitely has an advantage here but I fear they might run high in graft count the day of with my expectations.

When it comes to Eugenix, does anyone know if there is any difference between the exclusive(120) vs premium(210) package ?
It's almost double to get Dr. Arika involved, so thinking if its worth it since I want to plan a good frontal look/design with some temple work.

I like both Eugenix & Medispa work, followed Medispa for about 12 years… yes like all clinics they have had the occasional not so good result. But I believe they are pretty consistent overall. Look on the forum for all the combo hts they carry out. 
Eugenix could very well be one of the most consistent/reliable Clinics I have ever seen. And they are taking on some very challenging cases. Difficult choice if you have a budget in mind… yes Eugenix is more expensive, are they worth it ? Yes I believe so. 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 2

I believe Eugenix will be the better choice for donor management, BHT, and temple points which Eugenix is the best in the world at. Also considering that you have a scar from your FUT surgery, they would always recommend beard hair to cover the scar and completely eliminate it for you. 

Considering what you need to get done @Eugenix Hair Sciences would be your best bet!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 2

• Valued Contributor

If you have seen my journey and my recent surgery with Eugenix then to me Eugenix is a no brainer for your hair loss and concerns. Eugenix understand donor management like no other clinic that I have researched over the past 37 years. Having already had one FUT harvest you are a perfect candidate with the results from that to go FUE. You can even fill in your FUT scar with hair if you choose to. Anyway my vote goes to Eugenix and the fact that you live in India is a huge bonus. All the best!

• Like 4

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, JC71 said:

My FUT scar is quite similar to yours, I hope to get mine filled In with some Beard grafts. You seem to be blessed with a good beard source too ! Should serve you well 🙏

If you're lacking in beard grafts remember that their is always other donor sources! 😉🤣👍

• Haha 2

Thanks for the messages guys, appreciate it very much, exactly what I needed to hear!

It seems the consensus is clear after reading these responses and other reviews. I'll most likely be going to Eugenix even if it's expensive 😂😀.  I'll probably will go with the Premium i.e. 210Rs package as I want Dr. Arika/Dr. Sethi to be involved in planning, front hair design etc.

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Eugenix understand donor management like no other clinic that I have researched over the past 37 years. 

Looks like I can get 1-1.5K from the beard, but I'm so not sure if it will come down to the beard, hence the worry about donor supply i.e. I am assuming going to the beard means no more quality donor supply in the scalp, especially for a ~5k FUE graft one.

6 hours ago, JC71 said:

My FUT scar is quite similar to yours, I hope to get mine filled In with some Beard grafts. You seem to be blessed with a good beard source too ! Should serve you well 🙏

Good luck to you as well then ! Any idea if the beard grafts are completely invisible after the surgery ? One concern is if the beard grafts look weird after they heal.

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

If you're lacking in beard grafts remember that their is always other donor sources! 😉🤣👍

3 hours ago, JC71 said:

Quite intimate sources 🤭

Lol, yeah never thought these sources would become useful like this. May be I should skip the beard and go straight for maximizing these first 😆 

• Haha 2