Going to Asli Tarcan was one of the worst experiences of my life!

Icicle

Another victim of this horrible clinic, they keep piling up...

I wish you would have seen my last thread before you went through this horrible experience.
right now the most important thing is not to get into depression and understand that there is a way out of it and get even a very good result through a second surgery, do not lose any hope just yet!

3 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

If you cover your face, you can still remain anonymous and possibly this will help with suggestions. Also having pictures is more likely to prevent someone else from making the same mistake. 

I understand all that but I’ve come to terms with what’s happened and I don’t want any adverse opinions or reactions that might upset me. I just want to share my experience and try to warn others from visiting them. I don’t think they should be making money off people when they are in a vulnerable state especially when they are not providing an adequate level of care and transparency. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, namy2451 said:

Another victim of this horrible clinic, they keep piling up...

I wish you would have seen my last thread before you went through this horrible experience.
right now the most important thing is not to get into depression and understand that there is a way out of it and get even a very good result through a second surgery, do not lose any hope just yet!

Thanks man. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Icicle said:

I’m not happy with the way it looks so I won’t be sharing any pictures until I go for a repair. I don’t even want my close friends to see me.

I completely understand your hesitation to post pictures. However, no one here can offer an accurate assessment without pictures. If you block out your face you have nothing to lose

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

I completely understand your hesitation to post pictures. However, no one here can offer an accurate assessment without pictures. If you block out your face you have nothing to lose

Let’s not do this please.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

There is no need to entreat this guy to put his pictures if he doesn't want to. This guy has clearly been through a traumatic experience, and is still at the stage of knowing what the hell has just hit him. There are enough examples out there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, namy2451 said:

There is no need to entreat this guy to put his pictures if he doesn't want to. This guy has clearly been through a traumatic experience, and is still at the stage of knowing what the hell has just hit him. There are enough examples out there.

Exactly… claiming to ‘’understand my hesitation to post pictures’’ and then asking me to block out my face and post it. A picture with a blocked out face is still a picture. I’m not here to provide entertainment with any of my pictures. If you want to go to Asli then go. For the people that care about being treated with respect and transparency and also to have their wishes about their appearance honoured but more importantly, treated as though you’re a patient having a serious life changing operation then take account of my experience and don’t just look at or listen to the people that got lucky. The ones that are not happy about their results are not posting on YouTube and making videos every week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Icicle said:

I won’t be comfortable with my head being seen until after my second operation which is scheduled for October this year.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully, it is of some small comfort that documenting your experience can stop others from ending up in this situation.

On a practical note: Most reputable Doctors will have waiting lists, sometimes a year or more. It would be worth doing your research now and getting something booked. The clinics that can book you in at short notice are more likely to be the ones to avoid.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Exactly… claiming to ‘’understand my hesitation to post pictures’’ and then asking me to block out my face and post it. A picture with a blocked out face is still a picture. I’m not here to provide entertainment with any of my pictures. If you want to go to Asli then go. For the people that care about being treated with respect and transparency and also to have their wishes about their appearance honoured but more importantly, treated as though you’re a patient having a serious life changing operation then take account of my experience and don’t just look at or listen to the people that got lucky. The ones that are not happy about their results are not posting on YouTube and making videos every week.

Let me tell you one more thing, even those on YouTube who make videos every week, even if they are not really happy with the result, they will say they like it, so that they do not look like idiots. the comments will also be like: "Amazing result dude", even though the result is bad. Some of the comments are fake users of the same clinics.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AA1989 said:

On a practical note: Most reputable Doctors will have waiting lists, sometimes a year or more. It would be worth doing your research now and getting something booked. The clinics that can book you in at short notice are more likely to be the ones to avoid.

The issue is that you likely can't get a consultation until around the 10 month mark. I remember @digi23 saying something similar as he was looking for a repair. Definitely do your research and make contact with the clinics you choose, but don't be shocked if they make you wait a certain period before giving you a true consultation. 

Good Luck, I hope this gets better for you 

1 hour ago, Icicle said:

I understand all that but I’ve come to terms with what’s happened and I don’t want any adverse opinions or reactions that might upset me. I just want to share my experience and try to warn others from visiting them. I don’t think they should be making money off people when they are in a vulnerable state especially when they are not providing an adequate level of care and transparency. 

Down the line hopefully you can get back to the forum and let people know how the end result goes.  It can take up to 12 months for all the transplanted hairs to start growing out.  It will be stressful  between now and the six month mark but it's out of your hands.  Hopefully you'll get a decent result at the end of this.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

wow this is just scary...did you do any research before going with this clinic ? too late but now but theres a few members who warned about this clinic like @mmokin

I did a lot of research in fact I did years of research and then I narrowed my search down to a few. Then I watched the journeys of people that went to those few from beginning to end on YouTube to see their final results and if this hair transplant thing actually worked. I even watched people that were going through the journey in real time on YouTube so there was no way they could hide their results or delete the videos if it didn’t turn out how they wanted. Then I started my consultations. I didn’t want to go with the cheapest but I also didn’t want to go with the most expensive so I went smack in the middle as the results weren’t so different from the expensive one. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, namy2451 said:

Let me tell you one more thing, even those on YouTube who make videos every week, even if they are not really happy with the result, they will say they like it, so that they do not look like idiots. the comments will also be like: "Amazing result dude", even though the result is bad. Some of the comments are fake users of the same clinics.

Echo chamber. I’m in one such group.. everyone’s hair looks ‘’amazing, good result bro!’’ 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Icicle said:

I did a lot of research in fact I did years of research and then I narrowed my search down to a few. Then I watched the journeys of people that went to those few from beginning to end on YouTube to see their final results and if this hair transplant thing actually worked. I even watched people that were going through the journey in real time on YouTube so there was no way they could hide their results or delete the videos if it didn’t turn out how they wanted. Then I started my consultations. I didn’t want to go with the cheapest but I also didn’t want to go with the most expensive so I went smack in the middle as the results weren’t so different from the expensive one. 

yh all social medias facebook,insta, reddit and youtube especially have been promoting hair mills this forum is the only one promoting actual doctors.

but i have to say i got my transplant from HOI over a year ago before there was a single bad review on the clinic but literally after the day i had it i started seeing new people pop up with their poor results and if i waited just 1 week i would have not went, asli on the other hand is known for overharvesting even back 1-2 years ago at this point i think if anyone goes asli they know what they are getting into but dont have money for an alternative and dont mind risking all their hair

41 minutes ago, Icicle said:

a lot of the youtube guys delete their videos i remember there was this one guy called Ace Boogie who got massacred by asli and deleted all his videos around 6 month mark when he could tell it wasnt going to work out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gokuhairline said:

wow this is just scary...did you do any research before going with this clinic ? too late but now but theres a few members who warned about this clinic like @mmokin

HOI is bad but asli is the last place on earth anyone should ever go if i went asli instead i dont think i would even be here today

32 minutes ago, mmokin said:

a lot of the youtube guys delete their videos i remember there was this one guy called Ace Boogie who got massacred by asli and deleted all his videos around 6 month mark when he could tell it wasnt going to work out

That’s definitely why I wanted to watch people go through this in real time. If I would’ve seen anyone suddenly disappear without a trace after following them for a while I would’ve definitely gotten suspicious. 

27 minutes ago, Icicle said:

That’s definitely why I wanted to watch people go through this in real time. If I would’ve seen anyone suddenly disappear without a trace after following them for a while I would’ve definitely gotten suspicious. 

no offence dude but asli is a joke of a clinic and i have no idea how you couldnt see after a day of research. have you seen the asli tarcan instagram videos the whole thing looks like a circus even the asli tarcan mascot lady has the craziest fillers ive seen in my entire life not only that but they run so many other cosmetic surgeries unrelated to hair like every possible red flag. the youtube guys dont know what a good result even is so they just pander to asli for being affordable if they actually accepted that asli were a bad clinic they would probably lose all hope on getting a cheap hair transplant

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Icicle said:

When I googled Asli Tarcan a youtube video came out on top by I AM RIO P. (Hair Transplant Experience & Update | Asli Tarcan Hair Clinic | Istanbul, Turkey 26 Oct 2021).

I jumped to the consultation, and there was a lot of similarities to your experience, including the infection.
Have you seen his channel?

Just now, AA1989 said:

When I googled Asli Tarcan a youtube video came out on top by I AM RIO P. (Hair Transplant Experience & Update | Asli Tarcan Hair Clinic | Istanbul, Turkey 26 Oct 2021).

I jumped to the consultation, and there was a lot of similarities to your experience, including the infection.
Have you seen his channel?

Yeah I’ve seen it they outright lied to him about an infection they gave him and then made him pay to get injected in the butt for an infection that he supposedly didn’t have. 

46 minutes ago, mmokin said:

no offence dude but asli is a joke of a clinic and i have no idea how you couldnt see after a day of research. have you seen the asli tarcan instagram videos the whole thing looks like a circus even the asli tarcan mascot lady has the craziest fillers ive seen in my entire life not only that but they run so many other cosmetic surgeries unrelated to hair like every possible red flag. the youtube guys dont know what a good result even is so they just pander to asli for being affordable if they actually accepted that asli were a bad clinic they would probably lose all hope on getting a cheap hair transplant

I’m not going to sit here and pretend that money is not a factor in getting a hair transplant but there are some really cheap clinics in Turkey that I definitely chose to stay clear of. In doing my research I thought I chose a happy medium in terms of results and price. Asli seems to have given hope to a lot of these YouTube guys that go there and any negative feedback of their favourite clinic is met with harsh comebacks. That stupid dancing around crap they have guys doing for Instagram is so off putting and only for the benefit and ego of the clinic and that guy that draws the hairlines. I’m still trying to figure out why they make you take off your top in their cringy video as if it makes the hair grow better or something.

Edited by Icicle
  • Like 3